Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VI - The Next Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
It would be GREAT if he became a 30 goal scorer that beasts it up in the playoffs in his prime.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Interesting Nastasiuk makes it and AA does not.

Not really, Nastasiuk is a more complete player and one that understands the concept of team play. I like Athanasiou, but he doesn't do a good job of playing with his teammates and his individual efforts don't get him near a high end team like Team Canada right now.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why would you want someone so good on offense out there trying to hit like a 3rd and 4th liner? Why ruin your body? If you're a top 2 line guy you have a different role and he seems to fill it well, the ability to be rough sure is a bonus though.

Because of the effect it can have on other teams. If you have a top line player that is wearing out the other teams top D in a playoff series and has them getting rid of the puck a little quicker.

I'm sure most teams would rather go into a series against Mule over Lucic

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Because of the effect it can have on other teams. If you have a top line player that is wearing out the other teams top D in a playoff series and has them getting rid of the puck a little quicker.

I'm sure most teams would rather go into a series against Mule over Lucic

Every team not named Colorado, they probably would rather play Crosby than Mule in a series.:laugh:

In any event, I don't think Mule is completely accurate on that front. I will throw out a different name would you rather go heads up with Jeff Carter or Lucic. I know Lucic is a physically punishing player, but Carter's raw scoring power scares me a hell of a lot more. Now Mantha has to improve defensively to get into the Carter out on the wing department, but Mantha might be a better passer than Carter when all is said and done too.

But I am wondering if that is a name we should throw out more often. Carter is a big smooth skating sniper. He is a guy that can be physical, but isn't all the time, but he is a threat each time he steps over the boards even if he has had a quiet game to that point. Now he does have center flexibility, but has now mostly settled in out on the wing. Carter's D gives him an edge but Mantha is developing that part of his game, I just think if we talk offensive comparisons, he might be a better passing Jeff Carter, just as dynamite when mistakes are made with a lethal shot and very good speed for somebody his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->