Post-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Panthers - 9/2 * 7 pm EST - v2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I wonder if Q is really giving everyone a chance to play?

Is Conns hurt, or is he just taking a nap in Q's dog house? Guy hasn't played since the NSH OTL.

Reactions: harv33173

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I wonder if Q is really giving everyone a chance to play?

Is Conns hurt, or is he just taking a nap in Q's dog house? Guy hasn't played since the NSH OTL.
Didn’t you hear? He’s planning to give a few shifts for us on hfboards too.

I’m demanding to be Lundell’s first winger when he comes over at the end of the Liiga season

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Connolly doesn’t need to request a trade because I’m sure we’re already trying to find a suitor anyways. If he’s not in the top-9, or arguably top-6, then he’s pretty useless. With 2yrs left at 3.5per, obviously zito will want to get rid of him. That’s a given

Reactions: harv33173

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
On a side note: Is anyone else here following the latest John Tortorella soap opera with Patrik Laine? Apparently Torts benched him the entire third period tonight and a significant portion of the second.

Laine isn’t going to be happy about that.

Am I the only one who thinks Patrik could end up a Panther if Barky signs long term? We know those two are friends and they’d be unstoppable together. With Laine’s Blue Jackets tenure already hitting a rough patch - I feel like he won’t want to resign there.

he’s an RFA this year. Let’s hope Patrik doesn’t want anything to do with Columbus after this run and Zito can work some magic via trade.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Connolly has been completely useless since 2nd half of the previous season. I don't understand why Zito hadn't tried to move him in the offseason.
After last season, you could say he was "seriously streaky but good enough as a complimentary piece". He might still pick it up later this season, but right now it looks like that stretch of great games was an aberration.
I'd also like to see more from Acciari. TBH, if you look at our bottom 6, we're playing 3-4 rookies every night... No wonder they can't score (or contribute pretty much anything except eat some time).

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
After last season, you could say he was "seriously streaky but good enough as a complimentary piece". He might still pick it up later this season, but right now it looks like that stretch of great games was an aberration.
I'd also like to see more from Acciari. TBH, if you look at our bottom 6, we're playing 3-4 rookies every night... No wonder they can't score (or contribute pretty much anything except eat some time).
Connolly hasn't exactly been put in a position to succeed this season (because he hasn't earned it in practice?), but he may be the best option if one of the top6 wingers misses some games. It would be interesting to see him get some time with a playmaker like Huberdeau and/or Wennberg, and the second PP (if such a thing exists).

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
On a side note: Is anyone else here following the latest John Tortorella soap opera with Patrik Laine? Apparently Torts benched him the entire third period tonight and a significant portion of the second.

Am I the only one who thinks Patrik could end up a Panther if Barky signs long term? We know those two are friends and they’d be unstoppable together. With Laine’s Blue Jackets tenure already hitting a rough patch - I feel like he won’t want to resign there.

he’s an RFA this year. Let’s hope Patrik doesn’t want anything to do with Columbus after this run and Zito can work some magic via trade.

Yeah that's not a good look. It does seem like Laine will be a Panther at some point. But Jarmo may boot Torts first if it comes down to Laine or Torts. Supposedly Columbus wanted Roslovic and Laine in both the 2015 and 2016 drafts but couldn't nab them, so they've been after them for awhile.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Connolly has been completely useless since 2nd half of the previous season. I don't understand why Zito hadn't tried to move him in the offseason.

Has anybody read the article GR put out on roster shuffle and Connolly being forced out of lineup?

I agree with your post. Id rather get Tippett time in, he hasn't been a lot better but his upside is higher and more important to the team going forward.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I doubt Torts is planning to make benching Laine a regular thing, I see it more as sending a message. Laine is a mere mortal like any other player on that team.

Let's not forget that Q has benched Tippett this season, is Tippett looking for a way out and Q hates him? Probably not.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland

Am I the only one who thinks Patrik could end up a Panther if Barky signs long term?

The fact is that they will play together. The question is whether it will be in Florida or in Columbus. I wanted Panthers to acquire him already last season and now when he has so little contract left, the possibility is rising that it goes like you mentioned. Give Sasha at least 7 years 11+m and then get Patrik to Florida later. He is not comfortable in a blue-collar environment where he cannot be a star. They are making the same mistakes in Columbus what they made in Winnipeg and everyone who remembers what happened in Lempäälä when Laine was 14 years old, knows that you cannot treat him like that. Besides of that he enjoys driving Lamborghini and playing golf. Hence, Florida would be a much better place to be than Ohio.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yeah that's not a good look. It does seem like Laine will be a Panther at some point. But Jarmo may boot Torts first if it comes down to Laine or Torts. Supposedly Columbus wanted Roslovic and Laine in both the 2015 and 2016 drafts but couldn't nab them, so they've been after them for awhile.
Given Tortorella’s obvious frustrations as of the past year plus, I’d wager that either he calls it quits or they fire him.

CBJ needs Torts-reform....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad