Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Oilers (October 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Yeah and take a look at what playing Russel with Klefbom did to his stats. Lagesson should be pairing with Klefbom to allow Russel to play on his natural side but instead we are potentially ruining two pairings because Manning was able to 1 time a gift from Mcdavid.

If Lagesson isn't playing next game, then I'll make the same complaint because I definitely agree with those pairings until Persson is back (hopefully sooner rather than later). I doubt it has anything to do with the goal, probably more to do with not wanting to play a player that hasn't had a chance to practice with the team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
8G-RNH-Chiasson
Khaira-Sheahan-P.Russell
Jurco-Haas-Archibald

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Russell
Manning-Benning

Koskinen

Nothing earth shattering just something I found funny

Snowpants

In Depth Hockey Analyst
Apr 20, 2019
When does Khaira get sat for his god awful play?

Never it is never apparently

Also Benning

Good job Tipp really showing you mean it about accountability and playing smart gets you in the line yp when two of the dumbest laziest players on the team dressed night in night out

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Have you even looked at what they've done down there?
Maksimov doesn't have a point yet and is -3. Why on earth would you call him up to replace people that are at least providing one of the best PKs in the league right now.

First off, I stated in an earlier post that I wouldn’t consider these types of changes until at least the 10-12 game mark, secondly Maksimov would be a ways down the list of potential call ups, third sometimes guys don’t do much in the AHL but find their groove in the NHL or even just capture lightning in a bottle and contribute for a short time after being called up. Fourth, I’m not talking about replacing the entire bottom 6 just one or two guys, the pk would remain largely intact, and it’s not like we don’t have other players either here or in bako that couldn’t do a similar job on the pk if needed.

OldManBouchard

Oct 14, 2019
Looks like Khaira is the new whipping boy this year. Why do the rest of the bottom 6 get a free pass? They've all been equally bad if not worse. At least Khaira is a part of a very successful PK unit this year thus far.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
I think I want to see Jurco and Khaira switch.
Sheahan and Russell are playing well.
A little more speed from Jurco, little less pin-the-puck-on-the-boards-and-kill-time-and-not-use-your-linemates from Khaira.

Reactions: MC2D

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Looks like Khaira is the new whipping boy this year. Why do the rest of the bottom 6 get a free pass? They've all been equally bad if not worse. At least Khaira is a part of a very successful PK unit this year thus far.

The media loves him right now too, practically every game they are raving about him. Not even sure why we are using him as a whipping boy, he’s been alright for what he is, which is a 4th liner.

No more Lucic, Benning has been serviceable, Manning scored last game, Koskinen has been solid, so I guess he’s next in line

Reactions: OldManBouchard

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013

Khaira has played like this for a year. If the others keep up their current level of play, they will get the same level of criticism. I also don't see anybody in the bottom 6 getting a free pass.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Mrìiiiiiireehhhfhjh

I dont disagree that khaira is approaching ahl status. But he did have at least one game where he was at least driving shotgun if not driving on a line that has been half dominant.

Granlund is literally a fart in a fog.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Never it is never apparently

Also Benning

Good job Tipp really showing you mean it about accountability and playing smart gets you in the line yp when two of the dumbest laziest players on the team dressed night in night out
There isn't anybody up right now to take his spot, though. It was either Khaira or Granlund who would be sitting I expect Khaira to be the first one out for next game if his play tonight is reminiscent of last game.

Oct 15, 2008
Who the heck cares about possession numbers? Watch him play. Other than his goal, he got hemmed in for majority of the game, couldn’t make any passes, couldn’t keep the puck in. Koskinen saved his and Bennings jocks
You could literally say that about the whole team.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
We really need to find a solid line in the bottom six that can contribute on a nightly basis, so much shuffling going on right now. Probably due to a lack of talent, but we really need it going forward.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Sorry if it was asked but what channel is coving the game ??Don't see it on my listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad