Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Oilers (October 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
In Tippet We Trust boys.

Good call, Granlund is terrible.

The only thing he got on the others is that he is the most versitale position-player. But hey, maybe even Jurco can play C... just as good. Before christmas, Chiasson or Granlund in package with Puljupirjojuttalainen is traded for a 3C.

Though for Haas, to be the main switch for this team. Lift the third line, and be the key for bottom 6 scoring. Having trouble, the whole team sinks with its mainproblem, just the top can score. No pressure. But by far he haas the best name.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Too lazy to look it up How has Bernier looked this year? I haven't watched any Red Wing games besides a bunch of last nights.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Need a much better team effort in this one. Can't rely on our goalie to save our asses nor McDrai to put up ~5 points per game to win.

3-1 Oilers!

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Chiasson was a drag on that 2nd line I hope Jurco takes his spot.
Jurco started well and fell off, and chiasson looked just okay there last game, but we need someone with speed on that line imo. Nygard should go there when he gets back, and honestly I'd even try Haas there tonight as a right handed faceoff option to help nuge.

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
I like the lineup decisions. Chiasson on 2nd line is the best that line has looked since game 1 with drai there. Haas in I'm happy about. Manning was fine so no need to risk switching to Lagesson, give him a practice to acclimate and see how he looks there first.

Wonder who's starting in net? Could see either one after kosk faced 52 shots the other night.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Won’t talk shit about the wings because their fans are cool, never minded their team.

Seeing our team in the new threads,
I excite.

6FAE9198-8E12-401C-A61F-E968185D65B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'd personally have Granlund in over Khaira... both have similar offense, but I think Granlund is a little better defensively.

I like Haas coming in though... has decent potential to be a good bottom 6 2-way player.

I MUCH prefer Lagesson to Manning as Lagesson is far better defensively, but I can see why they'd go back to Manning after he scored a goal.

Personally though I'd rather have Lagesson on the roster and Manning down in the AHL because in the long run Lagesson helps the team more by providing defensive stability.

Putting Manning down allows more cap space as well to bring up one of Marody/Benson up front.

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Why is Manning in? Why?? Why? Why? Why?????!??? Why?!?????

Probably because he scored a goal last game. When he scored I immediately facepalmed as I knew he would be in for a string of games afterwards as a result

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Probably because he scored a goal last game. When he scored I immediately facepalmed as I knew he would be in for a string of games afterwards as a result

Gregor's saying he had positive possession and stat numbers too. Pretty good considering not many players did that game. I'd rather play Manning than a tired and unprepared rookie. Next game Lagesson will be in.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I hate that. His goal was pure luck. He sucks so bad. Terrible player. ECHL quality

Reactions: McDrai

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Gregor's saying he had positive possession and stat numbers too. Pretty good considering not many players did that game. I'd rather play Manning than a tired and unprepared rookie. Next game Lagesson will be in.
Who the heck cares about possession numbers? Watch him play. Other than his goal, he got hemmed in for majority of the game, couldn’t make any passes, couldn’t keep the puck in. Koskinen saved his and Bennings jocks

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Will be interesting to see how Kosko looks after the heavy work load of last game. Let’s see if fatigue is what really takes down his game.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
In Tippet We Trust boys.

Good call, Granlund is terrible.

He'll get another chance coming in and it will hopefully show us someone with his tenure in the NHL. Guy looks less composed than rookies.

Amazing how weak McLellan's systems look compared to Tippett's. Loving this equal accountability.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Yeah and take a look at what playing Russel with Klefbom did to his stats. Lagesson should be pairing with Klefbom to allow Russel to play on his natural side but instead we are potentially ruining two pairings because Manning was able to 1 time a gift from Mcdavid.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, Khaira should be next.
That whole bottom 6 is on notice. For some guys they really have to watch as if they don't get going after being a healthy scratch the next spot is riding the bus in the AHL.

For most of them this could also be their last shot in the NHL. Need to figure out a way to get into what has been one of the worse bottom 6's in the league.

Reactions: Senor Catface

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I predict an assist and a scrap for Manning tonight. Detroit has some tough forwards so it’s good he’s in the lineup.

Let’s go Oilers!!

Let’s go Mandog!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad