Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Oilers (October 18, 2019 at 7:00 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Again we are facing a team on a back to back. A game that is very winnable. Keep padding those stats boys!

I read it on CalgaryPuck that the NHL schedule is always biased in Oilers favor and against the Flames because we either get to play teams before the Flames (teams are arriving/traveling) or after them (teams are tired after playing another game). Since it's CP it must be true.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I read it on CalgaryPuck that the NHL schedule is always biased in Oilers favor and against the Flames because we either get to play teams before the Flames (teams are arriving/traveling) or after them (teams are tired after playing another game). Since it's CP it must be true.
Plus I heard the Lucic trade is even worse now because he is softening teams up the night before they play us, and the mean looks he gives opponents can impact their confidence right before they come up here to play also.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
The 3-2-1 Lightning are 3rd and the 4-3-1 Leafs are 4th? I call BS. Oh and the 4-3-0 Knights in 8th.
Let's be honest, if the Oilers are playing the Lightning or Leafs are you putting money on the Oilers winning? If not then there's nothing wrong with these rankings. I know I'm betting on those teams against the Oil

Reactions: StupidGenius

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Looks like Howard is starting tonight so we’ll probably get Bernier tomorrow. I think we’re going to need some depth players to outscore the Wings depth. There are few lines that can produce with our top line right now, but the Larkin/Mantha/Bertuzzi line might have a chance. McDavid must be salivating looking at that Wings D though.

Read Blashill was breaking up that line tonight v Calgary to try to create more scoring depth.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Icing the same lineup as last game and we bag a 4-1 win. Nurse with a tally, Kassian, RNH and one of the bottom 6 bang one home. McDavid with a mere 2 assists.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Back-to-backs don’t really mean much this early in the season IMO.

correct. A lot of coaches and players have actually said that teams playing the second game of a back to back have an advantage and fatigue doesn’t play into it at all. Especially early in the season.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
3 point game incoming for Nuge. Predicted it last game and thought he had it but the review gave it to Drai.
Nuge is Huge.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Shot in the dark. I'm guessing it's Bouchard.

Tipp probably wants a rightie.

Nurse - Bear
Klefbom - Bouchard
Russell - Benning

Klefbom has been averaging about ~15 minutes of even strength per game with Nurse/Bear doing the heavy lifting. Pretty good situation for a cup of coffee for Bouch.

edit:

Lagesson recalled.

Guessing we see him with Benning while the Russell on his off-side adventure continues.

Last edited:
Reactions: thadd

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Shot in the dark. I'm guessing it's Bouchard.

Tipp probably wants a rightie.

Nurse - Bear
Klefbom - Bouchard
Russell - Benning

Klefbom has been averaging about ~15 minutes of even strength per game with Nurse/Bear doing the heavy lifting. Pretty good situation for a cup of coffee for Bouch.

edit:

Lagesson recalled.

Guessing we see him with Benning while the Russell on his off-side adventure continues.

The way things went yesterday don't they need someone that plays defense first?

Also does this mean Persson is concussed?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Reactions: Paralyzer

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The way things went yesterday don't they need someone that plays defense first?

Also does this mean Persson is concussed?

Sounds like 7-10 days in concussion protocol for Persson.

I think last night more so showed the need for a puck-mover with Klefbom. It went from a 53% CF pairing with Persson to a 20% CF pairing with Russell.

The 1st line was getting absolutely murdered with those two on the ice with them as far as shot metrics went. Sending McDavid out there to be stuck in his own zone for entire shifts isn't a recipe that's going to lead to success very much.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Sounds like 7-10 days in concussion protocol for Persson.

I think last night more so showed the need for a puck-mover with Klefbom. It went from a 53% CF pairing with Persson to a 20% CF pairing with Russell.

The 1st line was getting absolutely murdered with those two on the ice with them as far as shot metrics went. Sending McDavid out there to be stuck in his own zone for entire shifts isn't a recipe that's going to lead to success very much.

Klefbom would be waiting for a pass back from Russell, but nope, trusty old off the glass and out it was.

Reactions: onetweasy
Oct 15, 2008
The debut of the navy uniforms.

giphy.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To be honest the 3rds don't look that bad at all, especially in person. I'm not a big fan of any of the Adidas designs but if I had to wear one it probably would be that one.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
I've liked pretty much everything I've seen from Lagesson in my limited viewings. Plays a really simple, sound game, but is also competent at moving the puck. Hopefully this translates to the NHL.

Reactions: McDrai

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I hope they try
Klefbom-Lagesson
Nurse-Bear
Russel-Bennings

Russel is much more effecive on his natural side and all he did was bring down Klefboms play. Lagesson offers very similar skills as Larsson which I think would work paired with Klefbom. Lagesson is a king at digging out pucks and leaving board play with possession.

Reactions: Oilhawks and McDrai

Bones2079

Oct 2, 2019
Tier 3 Fan
Seems like secondary scoring is a issue quite a few teams are having. Probably going to be an issue going forward with the second contracts going through the roof.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->