GDT: Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:30 PM ET (preseason game 7)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
what a friggin pass man. (just watched the replay)

And I disagree with Ferraro. There shouldn't be any communication necessary. That was terrible coverage by whoever that right side D-man was for Toronto. He got caught puck watching.

Morgan All-star Rielly, I think he is maybe the most overrated D-man in the league.

Admittedly the fact I hate the Leafs probably does factor in a little, but not very good defensively when I tune in to watch the Leafs.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Then I am assuming you haven't watched much Red Wing hockey with Blashill at the helm.

Zadina isnt a line 4 player. Babcock would not have him there, but keep thinking that to prove Blashill and other coaches are the same :huh: but yet again, what does Babs or any other coach have anything to do with Blashills lineups? lol
Unless any first year player out of the draft is a generational talent he'll be playing on the 3rd or 4th line. Of course, if you want stall Zadina's development and want Hughes you could run Zadina - AA - Vanek as your 1st line and get scored on all night and you'd certainly be on your way there.

What is your current plan to develop Zadina?

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Mantha shoots too many times from too far distances... nobody going for rebound

I'm all for it. He should shoot more than last season, and if he has time and space, should release the wrister. He already has scored a lot of goals on the move and from good distance

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Power-play units they used on the only PP:

1st PP
Mantha (net)
Vanek-Nielsen-AA
Kronner

2nd PP
Rasmussen (net)
Gus-Bert-Larkin
Cholowski

Quite equally split units.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't want to make too much of this because it's a preseason game, but AA tried to make a move but got poke checked. Once he lost the puck he kind of made a half hearted attempt at the puck. With his speed and reach he needs to follow up his move and be tenacious on the puck.

Hopefully in the preseason he will be.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'm all for it. He should shoot more than last season, and if he has time and space, should release the wrister. He already has scored a lot of goals on the move and from good distance

Yeah but that was a weak shot without a screen from a far distance. Should have skated nearer and then blast. Those far shots are peanuts for any goaltender.

Reactions: turkleton85

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The powerplays have been god awful.

Cholowski the best player for the Red Wings tonight.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Veleno with a goal and assist so far in his Drummondville season debut... They are up 5-0 in the 1st

I want him to above the 1.5 a game mark this year. It would also be nice to see him go high 30's range in goals though making the WJC would change. But he should be one of the best players at the Major Junior level this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad