GDT: Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:30 PM ET (preseason game 7)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Honestly a little stunned it wasn't.

Also much to Brian Burke's ire but Tavares' hug of Jensen isn't allowed in the rulebook either... We still call that one holding.
It certainly should've been.

That's the kind of stuff I'd love for them to call all the time. You have a D-man who's beat and a player cutting to the net to score and he takes a hack right to the gloves. The game would be so much better if they called that regularly.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Matthews is about to be the second best player in the game in my opinion. He is passing Crosby this year.

The Leafs D will still doom them but my lord he looks fantastic this year.

I was saying Matthews > Eichel I believe back in Matthews draft year.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Who will setup the lines the same way, just like Babcock would or name the next coach you want.

I would like a few different line combos, but I am not going to pretend Blashill is some rogue guy in terms of line choices.

Then I am assuming you haven't watched much Red Wing hockey with Blashill at the helm.

Zadina isnt a line 4 player. Babcock would not have him there, but keep thinking that to prove Blashill and other coaches are the same :huh: but yet again, what does Babs or any other coach have anything to do with Blashills lineups? lol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Then I am assuming you haven't watched much Red Wing hockey with Blashill at the helm.

Zadina isnt a line 4 player. Babcock would not have him there, but keep thinking that to prove Blashill and other coaches are the same :huh: but yet again, what does Babs or any other coach have anything to do with Blashills lineups? lol

Babcock put Marner on the 4th line last year for what 20 games.

I haven't missed a Wings game since 1987-88...

Zadina is an AHL player currently in my opinion. Glad though they are going to try to manage him in during the NHL talent game tonight instead of tomorrow to give him his final crack.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
what a friggin pass man. (just watched the replay)

And I disagree with Ferraro. There shouldn't be any communication necessary. That was terrible coverage by whoever that right side D-man was for Toronto. He got caught puck watching.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yikes, also Marner went back to Junior his draft year..Point is what exactly?

He hasn't done anything 5 on 5 really. He has trouble creating space for himself and hasn't looked amazing. He looks really good for a soon to be 19 year old. I hope that he tears it up and does big things down there. I would keep him down through the WJC, I think it is best for his development.

Reactions: TheMule93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad