GDT: Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:30 PM ET (preseason game 7)

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Birmingham
Blashill back to the same old BS on top 2

Obvi hasnt learned much thru the first 6 so far.

Mini Z and Ras wont be there long, if they are, Blashill is a goner by thanksgiving...hello Bylsma

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
How in the world is a DRW-TML game blacked out in effing Florida on nhl.tv? What in the world is going on? Do they want me to fly to Toronto to watch it? Or is is because it's on the NHL network?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Mini Z and Ras wont be there long, if they are, Blashill is a goner by thanksgiving...hello Bylsma

Who will setup the lines the same way, just like Babcock would or name the next coach you want.

I would like a few different line combos, but I am not going to pretend Blashill is some rogue guy in terms of line choices.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How in the world is a DRW-TML game blacked out in effing Florida on nhl.tv? What in the world is going on? Do they want me to fly to Toronto to watch it? Or is is because it's on the NHL network?

NHL network puts NHL.tv in blackout as does NBC or NBCSN.

Until we got really bad the last couple years we generally had 20 games like that. That always made it a tougher purchase, but without the same national presence this year the package will be more important to us out of town people. I always buy it now, I got tired of the streaming game but I have the cable networks as well. I know it stinks on nights like tonight. I don't understand why the NHL doesn't package NHL.tv and some streaming version of NHL Network together. I would drop that part of my sports package on cable and pay them directly if they did include it for the season.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Who will setup the lines the same way, just like Babcock would or name the next coach you want.

I would like a few different line combos, but I am not going to pretend Blashill is some rogue guy in terms of line choices.

My friends who are Sabres fans were not very fond of Disco Dan’s line choices.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's fun hearing Babcock speak after a couple seasons of listening to Blashill try to sound just like him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My friends who are Sabres fans were not very fond of Disco Dan’s line choices.

Ask some of your Pens friends as well. But this is by and large a complaint of every team's fan-base.

It is also something that system hockey has done in terms of the over-coaching of the game. To be sure, I don't think you can put that genie back in the bottle, but I think the way the game is currently setup forces the hard forechecker worker bee guy up the lineup. Hyman for the Leafs is one of those guys too and their fans hate Babcock for it.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Holland is the one who makes final roster decisions.

And what's the point in getting rid of Blashill in the middle of what will likely be a terrible season no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->