News Article: Red Wings' Mantha, Athanasiou respond to 'poke-and-hope' criticism

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Because production is a rate.
GAP? What is that?
If someone scores 20-20-40 in 30 games, is that the same as someone who scores 20-20-40 in 82 games? Or 192 games? Or 800 games?

Production is a rate. If you don't find a way to rate it, it's a useless, meaningless statistic.

It's not inaccurate.
it's totally accurate.
But it's more prone to change. It's less predictive.
But it's totally accurate. it's what happened.

It means that Bertuzzi has been more productive than Crosby at 5 on 5 this year.
That's obvious.
It could change in 3 weeks if Bertuzzi goes ice cold.

The vets aren't struggling?
So who is struggling?
Why are we sixth last in goals/60?

No, it doesn't bother me if kids are called out.
It bothers me that that kids ARE THE ONLY ONES called out.

There are no articles where HSJ or Khan go ask Zetterberg what they think of the coach calling out the ****ty leadership of the team.
There are no articles where HSJ or Khan go ask Helm about Zetterberg criticizing the awful turnovers he had.

It's Mantha. It's AA. Or, maybe it's the kids.

Because 1) this coach is a coward who's never controlled the veterans on this team and 2) the leadership in the Red Wings' dressing is nowhere near as good as advertised.

It's very hard to debate with someone when they don't actually read what you write. Perfect example is this:

I said:

Won't argue you on the Frk/Helm comparison, I agree with you there. Same thing with the kids doing good, I agree with you there as well. I also dont disagree with you that a lot of the vets are struggling.

You said:

So who is struggling?

Seems to me you are just looking for an argument. Even when I agree with you, you get argumentative.

Reactions: Henkka

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Because production is a rate.
GAP? What is that?
If someone scores 20-20-40 in 30 games, is that the same as someone who scores 20-20-40 in 82 games? Or 192 games? Or 800 games?

Production is a rate. If you don't find a way to rate it, it's a useless, meaningless statistic.

G/A/P is short for Goals/Assists/Points.

Why would 20-20-40 in 30 games be the same as 20-20-40 in 82 games? Of course it isn't. Did you think I was arguing it was? I'm arguing small sample sizes are not accurate when comparing to large sample sizes.

It's not inaccurate.
it's totally accurate.
But it's more prone to change. It's less predictive.
But it's totally accurate. it's what happened.

Its not accurate, its a small sample size. I am not saying they are fake stats, but they don't tell an accurate story. Please learn more about statistics, sample size seems to be completely lost on you. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, and truthfully I apologize if I come across this way, but its very hard to discuss with you when you refuse to acknowledge that it matters. Its basic statistics and is taught is almost any university/collage stats class, I don't understand why when I bring it up it just seems to piss you off.

It means that Bertuzzi has been more productive than Crosby at 5 on 5 this year.
That's obvious.
It could change in 3 weeks if Bertuzzi goes ice cold.

It means Bertuzzi has been more productive in P/60 based on a small sample size. See above to what I said about sample sizes.

So who is struggling?

Like I said above, please read what I write. I agreed with you about this.

No, it doesn't bother me if kids are called out.
It bothers me that that kids ARE THE ONLY ONES called out.

There are no articles where HSJ or Khan go ask Zetterberg what they think of the coach calling out the ****ty leadership of the team.
There are no articles where HSJ or Khan go ask Helm about Zetterberg criticizing the awful turnovers he had.

I'm not defending HSJ or Khan, hate them all you want. I dont read their articles, and based on how you feel about them I recommend you stop reading them as well.

It's Mantha. It's AA. Or, maybe it's the kids.

Because 1) this coach is a coward who's never controlled the veterans on this team and 2) the leadership in the Red Wings' dressing is nowhere near as good as advertised.

I'm not a fan of Blashill either, I don't think I ever defended Blashill in this debate. Hopefully he is gone next year.
You know my thoughts on Z, I respect what he says and have no problem with him speaking out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->