Speculation: Red Wings Have Interest in Gusev

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone know if this source is credible

Eronko is a legitmate source for Russian players. Given that the tweet cited by the OP spelled his name wrong, and is an account I've never heard of, not sure how credible that is.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
We have drafted a tun of players I think it’s time we use a few picks that Kenny has gotten us on a guy like Gusev. 2nd + Vegas 3rd+ b prospect has to be close to getting it done. Vegas doesn’t want salary back so it makes sense to me from their end

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Is it Detroit, Columbus and San Jose “should” be interested or that they are? Because Detroit should have been in on Trouba, Subban, Miller etc. but this isn’t accounting. Should does not equal must.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
We have drafted a tun of players I think it’s time we use a few picks that Kenny has gotten us on a guy like Gusev. 2nd + Vegas 3rd+ b prospect has to be close to getting it done. Vegas doesn’t want salary back so it makes sense to me from their end
I counter with VGK 3rd for Gusev & Clarkson(1 yr left iirc), throw in Hicketts if needed.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I'd do Washington's 2020 2nd plus Svechnikov to start, and be willing to add more secondary assets like 3rd-7th round picks or C level prospects like Saarijarvi or Hicketts. He'll be the best forward on our team besides Larkin, and is only 26. Sure, he's not a prospect, but he'll still be a good player when we're looking to compete.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I'd do Washington's 2020 2nd plus Svechnikov to start, and be willing to add more secondary assets like 3rd-7th round picks or C level prospects like Saarijarvi or Hicketts. He'll be the best forward on our team besides Larkin, and is only 26. Sure, he's not a prospect, but he'll still be a good player when we're looking to compete.

I don't think Gusev is better than Mantha but very close.

Would keep Svechnikov for sure.

That 4M asking price is 2nd rounder in offer-sheet value, so there's the trade value. Not far from it.

Something like 2nd + Saarijärvi.

Would be nice to have right-handed playmaker, we haven't seen for years. Robert Lang was the last one.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I don't think Gusev is better than Mantha but very close.

Would keep Svechnikov for sure.

That 4M asking price is 2nd rounder in offer-sheet value, so there's the trade value. Not far from it.

Something like 2nd + Saarijärvi.

Would be nice to have right-handed playmaker, we haven't seen for years. Robert Lang was the last one.
Gusev isn't eligible for an offer sheet and the offer sheet compensation really undervalues the players. Would you say a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is the trade value for Aho? No, he's worth way more than that.
The way I see it I'd be more than willing to pay a 2nd round pick to upgrade a 22 year old future 3rd line winger into a 26 year old top line winger.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Gusev isn't eligible for an offer sheet and the offer sheet compensation really undervalues the players. Would you say a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is the trade value for Aho? No, he's worth way more than that.
The way I see it I'd be more than willing to pay a 2nd round pick to upgrade a 22 year old future 3rd line winger into a 26 year old top line winger.

Ah, he's ineligible for an offer sheet because he is eligible for arbitration. Ya learn something new every day.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I know he isn't eligible. But that's a starting point for determing his value. You add something to that, like I added.

And Aho was worth more than 8.4M. That was stupidly low offer from the Canadiens.

Aho's value was somewhere at 9.0-9.5M in every estimation.

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018

Maybe trading Vegas a pick and/or a lower salary player in return? Gusev might be the forward that Yzerman was talking about.

“I would mull over a couple other things,” Yzerman said Monday. “We have a spot potentially on right wing. I don’t want to fill it just to fill it because it gives us some options for some of our younger players, to see if they’re ready, and it leaves opportunity maybe for something to come along now and the start of the regular season.
“I’m not really in a hurry, but I would consider that, and potentially look at maybe another defenseman.”

Link

You have to be an idiot to sign Filppula and Nemeth for this team.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012

Are you honestly upset about two depth signings for this team? What, did you want to just roll all prospects and hope it works out? Because that's exactly what Edmonton has done for the greater part of the decade and it's worked out really well for them.. The Filppula signing was puzzling but 2 years/6 mil, no contract stipulations, and you're upset about it?

Reactions: NotLeddy and Mlotek

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'd be fine with trading for him, but I don't think Detroit has anything Vegas wants (that the Wings would part with).

I don't take fan opinions to heart in terms of value, but I do factor them in for some purposes. The Gusev thread on the VGK board says they're a win now team that specifically needs help on defense, so I think Detroit might not be the best trading partner.

But hey, if Yzerman can swing a decent deal for the kid, by all means, give it a shot.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Why would you have to be an idiot?

Who would you have wanted to sign?
What would you have done if you didn't sign then, gave the minutes to Cholo or Seider or similar and Veleno or Zadina with no accountability for them if they're overmatched?

You simply can't run out a team as heavily prospect-laden as the tank-ologists want to do. Maybe you get lucky and pick #1OA or something and land a great player. But anyone you currently have now would suffer greatly and you're hoping to god that you're not getting Yakupov with that #1OA, but a Kakko or McDavid or Matthews.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
I'd be fine with trading for him, but I don't think Detroit has anything Vegas wants (that the Wings would part with).

I don't take fan opinions to heart in terms of value, but I do factor them in for some purposes. The thread on the VGK board says they're a win now team that specifically needs help on defense, so I think Detroit might not be the best trading partner.

But hey, if Yzerman can swing a decent deal for the kid, by all means, give it a shot.

They're up against the cap. Either they sign him to what he wants, which they can't, or he walks. They're not exactly negotiating from a position of power here. The return is not going to be what Vegas wants, and will probably be miles away from what Vegas fans expect, just look at the Trouba deal. And that was a proven top pair NHL Dman.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

I don't take fan opinions to heart in terms of value, but I do factor them in for some purposes. The Gusev thread on the VGK board says they're a win now team that specifically needs help on defense, so I think Detroit might not be the best trading partner.

Vegas can want all the help on defense they need, but realistically, they need to not be taking salary back. Or have the ability to dump salary on someone. That would be the thing Detroit could offer. Gusev + Clarkson (no retention) for a 2nd.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Team that's needing a help on defence, and has 2M space to sign extra player (Gusev).

Good luck with that finding that 2M player to help their defence.

Stone contract and expecting cap to be 83M f***ed totally their plans. :D

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

They may need help on D but they literally have like no cap space. pretty much any d that can help them thats also cheap won't be something that teams will want to give up. Daley could actually fit well for them as he is a really good skater and they like to play a fast game. We could retain 50% and the deal is an expiring. Obviously we would need to add picks/prospects as well

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The type of high risk high reward player that could kick start the rebuild. If he ends up another Panarin level player or even close to that, this teams forwards core looks pretty damn good and some of those guys could be come expendable for a Dman. Yzerman should be looking into this

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I didn't know about this. Might make things difficult!
Gusev: We’re talking very often with Nikita. I’m not sure how to explain it to you. They have a good team in Tampa. At some point they traded me away, because I was only an AHL player according to them and they didn’t want to see me there. And that I only deserve an AHL contract. Probably there was a reason. So it’s not like I’m trying to get back (to Tampa).

Gusev: Honestly, I never met Yzerman. It’s not important who did this. I had meetings with some people from Tampa. They told me that there are a lot of young players on two-way deals in the organization and I’m only an AHL player. It was already clear and simple for me.
Though to be fair, I guess all that matters is how the Red Wings view him now.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I like how I said Vegas wants help on defense - with a disclaimer about value - and people react as if I said Vegas wants a stud blue liner for Gusev.

Yeah, I know they're up against the cap, and probably HAVE to deal him. But if multiple teams are interested, then the odds are pretty good of somebody having a better trade package than the pathetic defensive help that Detroit could offer.

If Stevie Y can convince McCrimmon that Daley and some picks is anything other than a dumpster fire of a deal, then I'll celebrate with the best of them. But I'd be surprised if Vegas doesn't get an offer better than that, even when they're in a bind.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad