Speculation: Red Wings Have Interest in Gusev

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008

Maybe trading Vegas a pick and/or a lower salary player in return? Gusev might be the forward that Yzerman was talking about.

“I would mull over a couple other things,” Yzerman said Monday. “We have a spot potentially on right wing. I don’t want to fill it just to fill it because it gives us some options for some of our younger players, to see if they’re ready, and it leaves opportunity maybe for something to come along now and the start of the regular season.
“I’m not really in a hurry, but I would consider that, and potentially look at maybe another defenseman.”

Link

Reactions: muchbetterthanlada

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I feel like this guy has a roughly equal chance of in a couple years either being a first liner in the NHL or back in the KHL with not a lot of in between

definitely worth a shot if the price is reasonable

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'd rule out SJ barring overpayment as I doubt they're trying to help their division rival & also b/c they're both in win-now mode.

B/W DET & CBJ, we have a trade history. We're no threat to VGK in the playoffs during their current window, but CBJ could be (a very long shot) but still.

A darkhorse team(s) could swoop in at the last minute & outbid us...X-factor.

Bandito

Jun 21, 2019
Gusev would certainly be an exciting add. Maybe even do VGK a favor and take Clarkson off their hands while we're at it.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'd like this.

Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi
AA-Filppula/Nielsen-Gusev
Rasmussen-Filppula/Nielsen-Zadina (or similar)
Abby-LGD-Helm

Definitely feel better about that than without him.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Christien

May 1, 2010
I’ve been a fan of Gusev for a long time and I’d love for us to get him

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Gusev would certainly be an exciting add. Maybe even do VGK a favor and take Clarkson off their hands while we're at it.

Not much of a favor really. Clarkson fits well under their 10% LTIR summer overage and has 1 year left. They aren't Ottawa.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Edit: Nevermind, based on further research it looks like Gusev isn't eligible for an offer sheet.

Last edited:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'd like this.

Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi
AA-Filppula/Nielsen-Gusev
Rasmussen-Filppula/Nielsen-Zadina (or similar)
Abby-LGD-Helm

Definitely feel better about that than without him.
So you're swapping Hirose out for Other Hirose?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think Yzerman and Verbeek would have to smooth out their relationship with Gusev to make this happen.

I’d hope they would be able to explain why they situation in Detroit is drastically different than the one in Tampa Bay.

Much more flexibility with the roster and cap space here.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Get it done Stevie! Gusev is a legitimate top 6 forward in the NHL. I think if we sign him he instantly becomes our 4th most dangerous forward behind Larkin, Mantha, AA.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I would go with...

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
AA-Flipper/Nielsen/Gusev or Hirose
Rasmussen/Kuffner-Filppula/Nielsen-Gusev or Hirose
Abby-LGD-Helm

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is what I've been waiting for.

Too bad Columbus is also on the mix. I think Sharks cap is too tight for 4M offer.

Gusev is the next Panarin...

And Yzerman drafted him 7 years ago.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
This Igor Eronko tweet looks like the source of this rumor:

This is Eronko's Russian account. Here's his English account.

Twitter translates this to:
Gusev wants in the area of 8M for 2 years, Vegas, consider, offers 4M (the ceiling presses even after unloading). Columbus, Detroit and San Jose should think about it.
Any Russian-speakers care to give a better translation?

I'm all for this kind of gamble.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anyone know if this source is credible

There has been a lot of smoke that Gusev might need to be moved because of the cap already. Clarkson controls which teams can acquire him and for tax purposes that probably disqualified us there for an asset and his contract. Still I would expect us to call on Gusev. I am just worried about him already feeling done wrong by our guys that had him Tampa.

But that could be cleared up in a quick conversation. Not sure what the asset would be that they would want from us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->