Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Other people could say it was his first shift and give him a break. It depends on perception. I mean I get the feeling, even more so that Kotkaniemi lost ice time to him. I was frustrated too, a lot actually. But, it's hard to judge in once sequence. Read back my comment, I judge Plekanec's play on the past three years, which I think is very similar to this year, with him not evolving but staying exactly the same.

Oh! He did look to same to me too, I agree.

Problem with 14 is not only that he's done (we know that), but that his coach thought he was a better player than 15 last night against Malkin. The kid must realllllly suck defensively to be considered even less than a washed up guy.

In hockey, just like football, if given an assignment, and you're a 999-game vet, you better deliver. He did not. Yet, two shifts later, he was back on the ice as a third line center.

I believe the kid will not finish October with the team. And 14 will play regularly.

Reactions: Runner77

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Oh! He did look to same to me too, I agree.

Problem with 14 is not only that he's done (we know that), but that his coach thought he was a better player than 15 last night against Malkin. The kid must realllllly suck defensively to be considered even less than a washed up guy.

Maybe Plekanec's got some specific aspects better since he's played agianst him, but not enough to warrant KK getting less ice time than him though, I agree.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
THIS will be the tell all game for Junior. If he plays around 10-12 mins, then it's bye-bye cutie pie. Against Detroit, he SHOULD be playing more than 15 mins.

Reactions: Runner77

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Couple of things.

One, Pleks was a fantastic 2C for us for plenty of years. Guy has aged and his abilities have dwindled. I dont blame a player for wanting to hang in there for us long as possible both for financial reasons and the love of everything that comes with playing on an NHL team. And the guy loves Montreal, not many can handle it like him. No fuss, no mush, just went out and did his job cor all those years.

Second, since we are talking about 1000 games for other players.

Funniest one I remember is the Leafs honouring Tie Domi for his 1000th NHL game, not 1000th Leafs game, just NHL. They presented him with a silver hockey stick and it was a major deal with all sorts of pomp and circumstance.

I mean I got honouring him, but it was such a thing you really saw they hadnt had much to celebrate for a while.

The bad was the CBC was all in on this. It contrasted to the Habs honouring Boom Boom Geoffrion when the CBC just showed a small part of the ceremony. It was disgusting and yet another CBC low.

I Just dont understand how a player can lose his wrist shot all of a sudden, especially since I dont recall Plekanec missing any significant amount of time in his career due to injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad