Red Wings Grades 2020-21 (Really only 21, I guess)

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Fabbri looked good as a center for Ryan. Fabbri also looked good playing wing for Larkin. Zadina hasn't looked good with anyone yet. He can't carry the puck and he can't shoot. His passing game is OK at times, but nothing spectacular.

The transition strategy worked OK mid-season when most of the team was healthy. Blash went back to playing the shell when the forwards got injured. Zadina hasn't produced all season even when others like Erne were clicking.

He's young, and he's got a couple of years to figure it out, but right now he looks more like a winger version of Namestnikov.
imo blash isnt smart enough or have enough charisma to get the most out of a player , hes got zadina lost in stupid small details on how he wants the team to function every second . instead of giving zadina some freedom to utilize his talents free wheeling . and i dont judge blash by record . i judge blash by the interactions he has with media where he strikes me as of zero presence / charisma / leadership qualitys . and as of unspectacular iq . i loved him in gr where i watched every game for years . but since getting to nhl he lost me ...

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
imo blash isnt smart enough or have enough charisma to get the most out of a player , hes got zadina lost in stupid small details on how he wants the team to function every second . instead of giving zadina some freedom to utilize his talents free wheeling . and i dont judge blash by record . i judge blash by the interactions he has with media where he strikes me as of zero presence / charisma / leadership qualitys . and as of unspectacular iq . i loved him in gr where i watched every game for years . but since getting to nhl he lost me ...
I think it's good for him defensively, but I agree Blash has stiffled him on offense.

That's still not an excuse for not being able to shoot, which is one of the key the attributes that got got him picked at #6OA. He has not shot well even when passes were in his wheelhouse, including some flat out whiffs.

I have no idea what happened to the team this season, but NOBODY (except maybe Erne) shot well this season (Mantha, Zadina, Larkin, Hronek, etc). It's almost like Helm was coaching offense... (though Disco actually played a similar role as a player, so maybe that's it)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->