Red Wings get surprise victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

Prior to Monday night the Red Wings had been unable to beat any team over .500 and were only winning their ‘should win’ games as the team enjoys a relatively easy schedule. The losing streak against winning teams was finally snapped Monday as the Wings defeated the Penguins and followed that up with a surprising victory against the league leading Islanders.

GM Niece in a post game interview admitted he was somewhat surprised at the Islander lineup for the evening. It appears Doug Weight and Jaroslav Modry may be in Islander managements doghouse as Doug Weight had been demoted to the 4th line and Modry who traditionally skates on the Isles top pairing was demoted to the 3rd pairing prior to the game. In addition, despite dressing a full lineup, only 10 forwards and 5 defencemen got icetime. In the end it was the fatigue factor that was the Islanders undoing as the Red Wings broke the tie early in the 3rd period and never looked back outscoring the Isles 3-1 in the final period to earn two points.

Next 3 games will see the Wings face the Leafs, Kings, and Hurricanes.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
HFNHL Red Wings said:
Next 3 games will see the Wings face the Leafs, Kings, and Hurricanes.

Anything less than 2-1 record is going to be unacceptable. :). That 1 is gonna because of the Canes. :yo:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
OOOHHH... could this mean 0-3 down this stretch...

Serge Aubin and Petr Smrek off all destroyers... Way to go Leafs...

My turn next... :)

HFNHL Red Wings

Grrr. Forgot to 'knock on wood' when I made those comments about an easy schedule and should win games.

When you outshoot your opponent by a 3:2 margin and are 2 for 3 on the PP you're supposed to win! I'm going to go back to complaining about my team, when I do they win, when I get boastful they loose. A lesson in humility I guess.

My team sucks, they have no chance against the Kings.
There hopefully that will help :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad