Post-Game Talk: Red wings @ Cup champs **4pm start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Is everyone here aware the Red Wings currently have the highest payroll in the NHL? How is that even possible at this point in their rebuild?

Anyway, the Wings gave it their all but just don't have the firepower the Caps do, especially if Larkin doesn't show up.

I anticipate only the Rangers not getting points in the Metro tonight so glad the Caps got two.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Now everyone loves Willy again. Until the next questionable hit and half the board will say "Bad contract! I always knew he was out of control!" ;)

Caps fan split personality in a nutshell:

:yo: :baghead::scared:

Love the contract, hate the contract, love the player, hate the player, there isn't a person on this sub who doesn't realize how important Wilson is to the Caps.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Just finished watching the game.

I know one of these days we will start to miss Kuznetsov and Oshie but so far I am blown away by how the team has buckled down and powered through major injuries.

-Wilson with a goal, an assist, 2 drawn penalties. Just another day at the office.
-Burakovsky is making plays. He still has a mental block when it comes to finishing but he is often in scoring posititons and his passing has been excellent.
-Holtby is looking like Holtby.

Credit to Red Wings, they absolutely took it to us in the 1st.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Even after the suspensions, just watch the way so many players pull up short on puck pursuit in their own zone when Wilson and Ovechkin are bearing down.

Kuzy is more likely to try and carry the puck in and make a slick pass, but Backstrom is not afraid to dump it somewhere that causes the opposition to think twice.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I said possession strength. Kuz has it, as does Eller.

That doesn’t mean it’s done the same way. Possession, that is.

Come on, listen.
I was sure you mention board play as well. You are correct about Eller strength being his strength but the majority if times it ends up being turnover. He just held on to the puck longer than other guys do. At times he hangs in too long. You many remember last game when we had a 2 on 1 which ended up being a 3 in 1 because Burakovsky joined in on the rush. Eller didnt shoot or pass until it was too late then tried to force a pass to Burakovsky. That is very common for him. You dont want that on the pp. You want good puck movement. That's not really Ellers strength.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
He hasn't played very well this year. I did predict that Stephenson would be the guy that would be affected the most with the departure Trotz.

He's been playing non-nonchalantly all season. Dude has the speed and can make some nice plays, but Bura has been outplaying him. Let that sink in. Some press box time is likely coming when Kuzy and Oshie return.

Did Bowie touch the ice in the last 10 minutes of the game?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Did Bowie touch the ice in the last 10 minutes of the game?

It's "Bowey" and yes he did.

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 9.35.25 PM.png

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Is it just me or Ovi-Backy-Wilson line reminding me of Ovi-Backy-Knuble line back to 09-11? I feel like that exactly what type of player Willy can become. The line totally dominates right now just like in good old days

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Is it just me or Ovi-Backy-Wilson line reminding me of Ovi-Backy-Knuble line back to 09-11? I feel like that exactly what type of player Willy can become. The line totally dominates right now just like in good old days

Knuble was pretty good (especially relative to most of the other candidates), but tbh, he had nowhere near the impact that Wilson has been having recently, IMO. It's all about the wheels, man, the wheels!

Wilson's skating + intensity/energy/physicality >> Knuble's crease presence + extra goal-scoring touch.

And if Wilson's skills continue to develop, he's on his way to being a whole different kind of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->