Votes: 1 1.0%
  • RW - Filip Zadina

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think Seider pushes past Hronek quickly on the right side because of his defensive acumen and we see something similar to the Blues in the Petro and Shattenkirk era of that team. Seider should allow more leverage for Hronek once he reaches his 20s and gets more experience. But I do think he plays top pairing and Hronek is behind him so that is my answer.

Would you be shocked if Hronek became something like Letang? Totally out of the cards... or what do you think?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Once Zadina has someone on his line that has the same playmaking IQ as him, I expect a considerable jump in his production. He creates a lot on his own already.
Exactly Filpula is turnover machine, can't shoot, can't pass. I really want Veleno to improve, or draft Stutzle/Lafreniere.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Hronek is currently the best young player on this list, and it's not close. He is at .52 PPG for his young career (almost 100 games, so decent sample size now). Kronwall didn't become a .5 PPG player until he was 27. I don't believe we have seen a defenseman put up .5 PPG for this team under 23 years old since... Lidstrom?

Zadina and Seider have great upside. I give a little edge to Zadina there, because I think he could be more of a game-breaker. But Hronek is the best currently and still has room to get better, he's only 22. I've always said I see him as a Justin Faulk type, but if he can keep getting better defensively then there's no reason he can't be another Letang/Subban. I mean his offensive game is basically already there.

I think a lot of us tend to take Hronek for granted at times, me included. He plays the game so well that I often forget he’s only 22. His numbers are pretty ridiculous since his second pro season.

Reactions: cheesehead9099

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think Seider pushes past Hronek quickly on the right side because of his defensive acumen and we see something similar to the Blues in the Petro and Shattenkirk era of that team.

Seider the next Pietrangelo? Yes. Please. That is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

How interesting would things get if Alex P. goes to free agency? Despite the right side prospect strength, no clue how Yzerman doesn't at least put forth a competitive offer. A guy like that fixes half your blueline problems in one swoop.

Reactions: mantha39

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Really excited about what Seider has the potential to become for us - a big, mean, physical minute muncher who can skate, pass and actually defend. It's something we haven't had in a long time.

Reactions: Realgud

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Seider the next Pietrangelo? Yes. Please. That is just what the doctor ordered for this team.

How interesting would things get if Alex P. goes to free agency? Despite the right side prospect strength, no clue how Yzerman doesn't at least put forth a competitive offer. A guy like that fixes half your blueline problems in one swoop.
Alex Pietrangelo will likely re sign with St Louis. I just cannot see him in Detroit. He will likely get close to 9 mil. Krug would be cheaper.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Alex Pietrangelo will likely re sign with St Louis. I just cannot see him in Detroit. He will likely get close to 9 mil. Krug would be cheaper.

If Detroit puts $10 million on the table, that's hard to ignore.

And he probably re-signs but... Blues are in a tough spot if they give him a big payday. They have that danger of turning into Chicago real fast with all the Stanley Cup deals on aging guys at the same time.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If Detroit puts $10 million on the table, that's hard to ignore.

And he probably re-signs but... Blues are in a tough spot if they give him a big payday. They have that danger of turning into Chicago real fast with all the Stanley Cup deals on aging guys at the same time.

Everyone else could go before I let that guy walk, massively underrated player on that team for the last decade or so.

Reactions: 14ari13

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Everyone else could go before I let that guy walk, massively underrated player on that team for the last decade or so.

I'm with you. That's why I'd play $10 million. But we'll see how it shakes out for the Blues. They wanted to get a deal done months ago and it's still dangling. Doesn't mean they won't, but hey, when guys wait this long and it's a fat contract, they usually at least listen to other offers first.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm with you. That's why I'd play $10 million. But we'll see how it shakes out for the Blues. They wanted to get a deal done months ago and it's still dangling. Doesn't mean they won't, but hey, when guys wait this long and it's a fat contract, they usually at least listen to other offers first.

Please tell me he had Detroit Red Wings bedsheets growing up...

Reactions: mantha39

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Please tell me he had Detroit Red Wings bedsheets growing up...

Probably a Leafs fan like all these other losers in this photo. Although that blue note for the Toronto Blues... how fitting.

blues.jpg

Oh geez just read this part of the article:
"And now here I am a decade later, married to a St. Louis girl, and I’m the captain of the Blues."

Wrap it up here. We're done. Suter 2.0. This ain't happening.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Probably a Leafs fan like all these other losers in this photo. Although that blue note for the Toronto Blues... how fitting.

blues.jpg

Oh geez just read this part of the article:
"And now here I am a decade later, married to a St. Louis girl, and I’m the captain of the Blues."

Wrap it up here. We're done. Suter 2.0. This ain't happening.

Wait until we get word from @Ricelund

Reactions: Ricelund

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Would you be shocked if Hronek became something like Letang? Totally out of the cards... or what do you think?

I don't really see Letang, I don't think his skating is going to be that high-end. Letang for a while there was in the top 10 best skaters on the back-end conversation, it allowed him to cover a lot of areas. Him and Keith out-skated a lot of their mistakes for a while there. I am not sure where Hronek winds up, I like him a great deal and he keeps getting better so capping his development seems silly. I just think Seider is your big time minute munching D-man, he allows you to leverage Hronek into his more successful scenarios. Really bummed Cholo hasn't taken steps because I think he has the tool kit and if he got a little better he and Seider make sense while pairing McIsaac and Hronek in that two hole but you never know how these guys will develop. You could also swap those pairings as games dictated chasing a lead or shutting one down. Krug would also really help provide some balance if we could get his left handed shot, Seider would provide the heavy to that pairing...

I would be pretty shocked if he was a top 10 d-man and Letang was that without a lot of the health scares. I don't see him being a whole lot better than Kronwall, and I would say I think Letang was that. But we will have to see where it goes. Kronwall did get near that top 10 discussion, I think Hronek will flirt with that same territory.

Keep in mind the guys next up to displace in that conversation get harder with each name. Really happy with where he is though.

Seider looks like the coaches best friend defensive eraser when you watch him. In part because he was picked for his defensive prowess and physical tools. When people talk about teams being scared of that I always think of Petro. It was one of the reasons I was pretty high on Dobson was his defensive game and use of his body and reach to dictate terms. I am not sure we could be in on Petro, I expect we will chase Krug if either guy makes it to free agency I hope we call them. Worst thing that happens is we get a no, but we need to try.

I just think Seider is a guy that is going to lead our D in minutes and I don't think it is going to take a super long time. Probably not next year and right away in the year after but I think it starts to happen in the back-half of his second NHL year.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't really see Letang, I don't think his skating is going to be that high-end. Letang for a while there was in the top 10 best skaters on the back-end conversation, it allowed him to cover a lot of areas. Him and Keith out-skated a lot of their mistakes for a while there. I am not sure where Hronek winds up, I like him a great deal and he keeps getting better so capping his development seems silly. I just think Seider is your big time minute munching D-man, he allows you to leverage Hronek into his more successful scenarios. Really bummed Cholo hasn't taken steps because I think he has the tool kit and if he got a little better he and Seider make sense while pairing McIsaac and Hronek in that two hole but you never know how these guys will develop. You could also swap those pairings as games dictated chasing a lead or shutting one down. Krug would also really help provide some balance if we could get his left handed shot, Seider would provide the heavy to that pairing...

I would be pretty shocked if he was a top 10 d-man and Letang was that without a lot of the health scares. I don't see him being a whole lot better than Kronwall, and I would say I think Letang was that. But we will have to see where it goes.

Seider looks like the coaches best friend defensive eraser when you watch him. In part because he was picked for his defensive prowess and physical tools. When people talk about teams being scared of that I always think of Petro. It was one of the reasons I was pretty high on Dobson was his defensive game and use of his body and reach to dictate terms. I am not sure we could be in on Petro, I expect we will chase Krug if either guy makes it to free agency I hope we call them. Worst thing that happens is we get a no, but we need to try.

I just think Seider is a guy that is going to lead our D in minutes and I don't think it is going to take a super long time. Probably not next year and right away in the year after but I think it starts to happen in the back-half of his second NHL year.

The skating difference is a good point. Letang was always pretty ridiculous there. Subban was the other guy I was thinking of who cleaned up his defensive game as he got older.

We will see how he developed from here I guess. It’s nice to have him and Seider as building blocks back here. I’m a big fan of McIsaac too, but that jump from Juniors is tough.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The skating difference is a good point. Letang was always pretty ridiculous there. Subban was the other guy I was thinking of who cleaned up his defensive game as he got older.

We will see how he developed from here I guess. It’s nice to have him and Seider as building blocks back here. I’m a big fan of McIsaac too, but that jump from Juniors is tough.

McIsaac is coming back off injury, but he is another guy I want to see more out of in the skating department moving forward. I think he has gains to make there, similar to Cholo in terms of stop and start along with explosion improvement.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
theres absolutely no contest . its obvious seiders physically dominant - very rugged - very smart - graceful skater - good hands for a big man - and hes steam rolling huge bodied adults at age 18 . hroneks ceiling nowhere near seiders .

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hronek's GA/60 is still at 3.5 at FIVE ON FIVE. For all the flack Bowey takes, Hronek's defensive zone work is often just as bad and he seems to get a free pass on things that Bowey gets roasted for.

Dude, we are 30/31 in team SV %.

You gotta stop isolating stats like this and thinking it is going to tell you everything. Hronek is getting all of the tough assignments on a team with god awful goaltending. Obviously his GA/60 is going to be bad.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Voted Zadina before I saw that Hronek was an option. Hronek would be my vote if I had taken the time to properly look at the options :laugh: I think he's shown that he can be capable of playing at least top 4 minutes and is on track to be a #3 type of defenceman; someone that may need a steady partner at ES to hide his decencies, but is able to man the #1PP.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
We’re really struggling to lock down which players should be included in our propspects/young players list eh?

to me it should be about where they are in the organization. Hronek has been up full time This season and has 95 Career games played. I’m not sure we should include him on this list

The poll says "young." not rookie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad