Franzén - Eller - Weiss
Pulkkinen - Andersson - new prospect
Jurco - Glendening - Tatar

Chara - Dekeyser
Kronwall - Kindl
Ericsson - Quincey

Howard
new reserve

Near the same team like newest posts behind this.

Two good formation's. All we need. Plus great defensive plus one great 1st keeper.

So we are trading Cleary for Chara. I love it. Wild guess the Bruins will take some convincing.

We then Trade our Captain to one of our current rivals for nothing coming back. Got to say I don't like this one.

We then waive Smith who will get claimed within a second. Send Marchenko down.

Montreal gifts us Eller for no reason other then, we deserve to be a head of them in the standings.

We move our leading scorer to the fourth line, hide Sheahan, Miller and Helm in the pressbox.

I must say I can't even begin to wrap my head around this logic. Not sure how this would even get dreamed up.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I see the jets are willing to move Burmistrov's rights. Given him and Pavel's relationship and his age, would anyone be interest in trading a pick or b level prospect for his rights? I'd do it for say a 3rd in 2016. People say he's nothing more than a 3rd liner based on a few seasons in his teens, but the fact of the matter is he had a 28 point season as a 19 year old with 3rd line minutes all while being defensivily responsible. I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could be a 45-50 point 2 way center in detroit's system. Heck, I think he has the talent to even be more. would anyone else want Kenny to take a chance on him? Low risk potentially high reward

i think the Jets owe us so we will give them a loonie for his rights(the precedence is there)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
So we are trading Cleary for Chara. I love it. Wild guess the Bruins will take some convincing.

We then Trade our Captain to one of our current rivals for nothing coming back. Got to say I don't like this one.

We then waive Smith who will get claimed within a second. Send Marchenko down.

Montreal gifts us Eller for no reason other then, we deserve to be a head of them in the standings.

We move our leading scorer to the fourth line, hide Sheahan, Miller and Helm in the pressbox.

I must say I can't even begin to wrap my head around this logic. Not sure how this would even get dreamed up.

Hilarious :P

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
In:

Chara
new goalie from reserve team
Eller
new prospect

Out:

Gustavsson - to HV71 or Västerås in SHL
Zetterberg - to Penguins
Cleary - to Bruins
Smith - to reserve team
Russian defensemen to reserve team

Best formation:

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Nyqvist
Franzén - Eller - Weiss

Chara - Dekeyser
Kronwall - Kindl
Ericsson - Quincey

Howard
new reserve

Two good formation's. All we need. Plus great defensive plus one great 1st keeper.

Home run. Keep up the good work.

I'm all for Burmi, probably wouldn't cost much. Backman for Burmistrov and I'm happy.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
In:

Chara
new goalie from reserve team
Eller
new prospect

Out:

Gustavsson - to HV71 or Västerås in SHL
Zetterberg - to Penguins
Cleary - to Bruins
Smith - to reserve team
Russian defensemen to reserve team

Best formation:

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Nyqvist
Franzén - Eller - Weiss

Chara - Dekeyser
Kronwall - Kindl
Ericsson - Quincey

Howard
new reserve

This could be the worst idea I've ever read on this message board ... for numerous reasons. Just incredible.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Do you think Gustavsson is in play? Rangers cold be looking for a decent backup until Lundqvist is back. GR has too many goalies with Mrazek, Coreau and McCollum.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Cap recapture.

Cap recapture.

Nobody is going to take on cap recapture risks for a potential 60 point player, and the Wings are not going to risk another team botching his "retirement" or Franzen just deciding to walk away from the way and retire himself.

It isn't going to happen. People need to stop entertaining that idea.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the recapture risks for the team trading for him? I understand Detroit's risks, just not the other team.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Forgive my ignorance, but what are the recapture risks for the team trading for him? I understand Detroit's risks, just not the other team.

There's kind of no risks for the team that trades for Franzen. But if other organization has the control for Franzen's future and in early retirement case only Red Wings will carry the major part of the penalty, that's the season why Red Wings will never ever ever trade him.

You keep him playing and helping the team as much he can if he is healthy. If he is injured, it gives room for LTIR to operate and that's the only reasonable way to go. Absolute only.

Both Franzen and Marian hossa as an examples will never be traded again.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

As far as I know the cap recapture penalty is split between parties, but that was something I only read today to verify.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
There's no risks for the team that trades for Franzen. But if other organization has the control for Franzen's future and in early retirement case only Red Wings will carry the penalty, that's the season why Red Wings will never ever ever trade him.

You keep him playing and helping the team as much he can if he is healthy. If he is injured, it gives room for LTIR to operate and that's the only reasonable way to go. Absolute only.

Both Franzen and Marian hossa as an examples will never be traded again.

That's what I've always thought.

As far as I know the cap recapture penalty is split between parties, but that was something I only read today to verify.

I've never heard of this. Link?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That's what I've always thought.

I've never heard of this. Link?

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/20...e-cap-hit-recapture-what-it-means-for-the-red

Some info but not about a trade scenario.

It just goes in a way where Wings will get the penalty because they have had the lower caphit against the higher real salary in early years and that causes the penalty about those years. Team who would own Franzen for the last contract years with lower average salary vs. caphit, won't get any penalty.

If Franzen retires already at next summer, we'll get 1.4M penalty for 5 seasons. That wouldn't be so bad, imo. But if the retirement goes further away, the penalty will go higher and higher.

LTIR way will keep Franzen on the books for 5 seasons, but at season start we have to stay under the cap even with these until-contract-end-on-LTIR guys. So it isn't a scenario without any problems. Boston has to drop kids outside the roster on the opening day every season because of the Marc Savard LTIR -stituation. If you don't have enough waiver exempt guys to do that or be under the cap with Franzen on the books, you'll start losing players. Keeping Franzen on the books and on LTIR kind of prevents you pushing against the cap on free agency.

Last edited:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Can he still be bought out? Cap issues are like ancient Greek to me. I'm not really up to date on CBA stuff.

Yes he can but if he was bought out right at the end of the season it would be bad. bad value. He would count on our cap for a long time (minimum 5-6 years). He would be around 2 million per year for that period.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012
Can he still be bought out? Cap issues are like ancient Greek to me. I'm not really up to date on CBA stuff.

Yes, but Wings would be better off waiting till after next season to buy him out if they decide to go that direction.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012

Pretty meh article overall. This is the most interesting tidbit imo.

Although sources say the two sides have not formally shared numbers, it's believed the Oilers like Petry on a four-year term at no more than $4.5 million per year. As a free agent, Jeff Petry will likely command more term and could fetch $5 million annually.

Sure...Petry has turned it up a notch heading into the end of his contract(shocking), but does anybody think he's worth $5m x 4+ years? I can't see KH offering anything approaching that for a guy with zero playoff experience. Tough to see a "hometown discount" bridging that divide. Frankly I rather re-sign Q for that contract. He also plays on his off side, he's only 1 year older and is a known quantity. I wouldn't hate Petry @ $4m x 3, but even that's a gamble.

Better still you add a couple million per to that contract and toss that offer at Green who's also only 1 year older than Petry but has a boatload more experience. If Green signs then Q's days are probably numbered, but at least you have a solid upgrade.

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
On the main board, I suggested Smith, Pulkkinen + 2015 2nd for Phaneuf. It was well-received by the Leafs's fans. Is it too much? I feel that it solidifies the 2nd D pairing while not gutting the prospect pool.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
On the main board, I suggested Smith, Pulkkinen + 2015 2nd for Phaneuf. It was well-received by the Leafs's fans. Is it too much? I feel that it solidifies the 2nd D pairing while not gutting the prospect pool.
I'd do it as long as the Leafs retain some of Phaneuf's salary.

TimoneX

Jul 30, 2012

Phaneuf's contract flat out sucks. Way too much for a 2nd pairing guy who's not the best at anything. Toronto would have to eat some salary and take a cap dump(Kindl) back.

Much rather sign Mike Green to Phaneuf's contract.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Phaneuf's contract flat out sucks. Way too much for a 2nd pairing guy who's not the best at anything. Toronto would have to eat some salary and take a cap dump(Kindl) back.

Much rather sign Mike Green to Phaneuf's contract.

I think dumping Kindl could be feasible, especially since we're only sending Pulkkinen (324K cap hit) and Smith (1.262M) back.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

so long as the leafs ate some salary(at least to the point his AAV drops to about 6 million) then yes tha is a very good deal

i think the bigger problem would be his smokin hot wife not wishing to live in Detroit.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
so long as the leafs ate some salary(at least to the point his AAV drops to about 6 million) then yes tha is a very good deal

i think the bigger problem would be his smokin hot wife not wishing to live in Detroit.

The Leafs are not gonna retain salary on Phaneuf unless the offer is exceptional overpayment. Dead cap for 6 years could be brutal down the road. They could take bad contracts back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad