Salary Cap: Red Wings 2018-19 Cap discussion

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
If Frk remains a 3rd liner that is used on the pp and is signed for less than 2 mil I see no reason to get rid of him. Gotta fill 4 lines.

So what’s the consensus for next year? Status quo? Maybe Green back? No UFA additions?

I’m ready for another year of suck.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd be very surprised is Frk is still on the team by then. AA might get traded before then too.

So replace him with Ras, Cholo, etc. The point is that the vets we are going to want to be leading this team are going to be the guys who are in their mid-20s, who have 2-4 years under their belts, and who are (hopefully) the next good core of this team. If these guys are 24 yrs old and still need Abdelkader around to set a vet example or whatever, I think we would be having some questions about that core group of guys that would need resolved.

Reactions: njx9

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If Frk remains a 3rd liner that is used on the pp and is signed for less than 2 mil I see no reason to get rid of him. Gotta fill 4 lines.

So what’s the consensus for next year? Status quo? Maybe Green back? No UFA additions?

I’m ready for another year of suck.

Considering the injury and what it will likely do to his value, I wouldn't be surprised to see Green back on a one or two year deal but at a higher cap than we might like. Other than Kronwall deciding to hang them up, I don't really expect anything significant happening on the back end. Up front, maybe AA gets moved. I'm not expecting a big player turnover.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

My prediction is that they'll take this seasons roster and most likely:

-All RFA's re-signed
-Drop Booth (or re-sign him with the intention of putting him in GR?)
-No forwards added other than waiver fodder depth for GR
-Svechnikov, Rasmussen and whatever top pick they take in June start on the main roster
-Attempt to re-sign Green
-If Green goes elsewhere, they make another signing like Daleys (Hamhuis, Enstrom, etc.)
-Bring in an affordable #1B or #2 goalie on a 2 year deal

Less likely:

-They explore trading Nyquist/Howard at the draft
-Outside of Green or the previously mentioned replacement, they bring in another UFA Dman on a 1-year
-Ouellet becomes expendable (IE trade or waivers) if they bring in another UFA dman, get a dman with their top pick or Cholowski/Hronek/Hicketts make a case to bump Jensen to #7 during camp/pre-season.
-Holland tries to bring Vanek back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad