Movies: Red Sparrow (Jennifer Lawrence)

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
this nonsense was better if it were a question of some kind of other special services, without this Soviet style. They imitate the Russian accent in those scenes where it is supposed that these idiotic characters speak Russian, to create the feeling that this is Russian, damn it's just stupid idiocy:laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not that even have the remotest interest in seeing this but how is that different from any "Russian" movie made for Americans? Or anything set in Ancient Rome or Greece and everyone speaks English with a British accent?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Trailers made it seem cool enough. Looks like it's getting terrible reviews though

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Seems like it is very divided at about 50/50 liking it, but those that like it are giving it about 7/10. Jlaw hasn't disappointed me yet, so I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If you long for those Cold War stereotypes of Russian spies that Ian Fleming used to provide in the early sixties. this is your movie. Along for the ride unfortunately are humourlessness, tedium, inconsequence, incoherence, and plot holes by the dozen. Then there are the joys of the "now we use the Russian accent, now we don't" school of acting provided by a cast that includes Americans, Brits, Irish, Belgians, Swiss, Germans--just about everything but an actual Russian.

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Seems like it is very divided at about 50/50 liking it, but those that like it are giving it about 7/10. Jlaw hasn't disappointed me yet, so I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD.
Your win streak is about to end.

Reactions: Led Zappa

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I actually liked it and yes their is a lot of nudity, her (not sure if body double) and male nudity also which is not common for Hollywood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad