GDT: Red Sox in the Bronx - 7:05 PM ESPN, 93.7 WEEI-FM

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Few observations

1. actually a tremendous game
2. deGrom got hosed by ump in Devers and Moreland at bats - both were clearly struck out
3. Mets win without those ump misses
4. Bogearts has a thumb injury get-a-lifers on Twitter and talk show callers
5. Heim Bloom was on WEEI this morning and was very impressive- I love this decision to bring him in
6. Red Sox will win another WS #5 since 2004 before both Yankees and Dodgers do - one I can see but not both

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ya they won a game Degrom started. You definitely take that.

Now onto staters 2-5. The Yankees series won't be fun
They should get hammered but this season is best learning about players and a top 5-10 pick would be welcome - a SS Athletic player

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The Kumar Rocker tank train was slowed up yesterday, but don't worry, Martin Perez vs. Steven Matz will get us back on track tonight. :surrender

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I wonder if the sox won never won a WS in 04 and onward there would be waving the white flag this early

The white flag was for tonight.

I'm just having some fun. Gotta find it where we can get it right now, right? I don't think anyone should be confident in this team going anywhere when you have confidence in exactly one healthy pitcher, and no one else, maybe Workman and Barnes if they can start finding the strike zone more.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They certainly don't look great, but I think they'll somehow get in that top 8, they have enough talent IMO. Once their hitting heats up it'll be hard to stay as bad as a top 5 pick

tryna figure out which teams are worse than us. The mariners for sure. Probably the tigers.

I was going to say Baltimore but we know how that series went

I just don’t think the pitching is there

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This may be a dumb question, but i haven't followed all the rules for this short season - can trades still be made?

fairly certain that’s a yes

Godley is officially in the rotation, starting Saturday against the Yankees

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They certainly don't look great, but I think they'll somehow get in that top 8, they have enough talent IMO. Once their hitting heats up it'll be hard to stay as bad as a top 5 pick
Texas losing Kluber & Astros Verlander makes Sox chances better

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I can suffer through a bad 60 game season. Would much prefer a disastrous season than say a .500 season where they end up in the playoffs and get their teeth kicked in.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Yankees, Rays, Astros, Twins, and A's are absolutely better than us and going to finish ahead of us. Cleveland is safely better too and takes a WC.

On the other side, the Royals, Tigers, Orioles, and Mariners are out of the equation.

That leaves two spots where we're competing with the ChiSox, Angels, Rangers, and Blue Jays. I'm down on Texas too and would leave them on the outside looking in, and I think the fact that Chicago has a joke of a central division schedule gets them in. So in the end really it looks like the divisional games between us and Buffalo are going to go a long way in determining that final wild card spot. Roenicke probably should manipulate the rotation to guarantee that Eovaldi starts against the Jays every series. The Angels will depend on how healthy Rendon and Trout stay.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
tryna figure out which teams are worse than us. The mariners for sure. Probably the tigers.

I was going to say Baltimore but we know how that series went

I just don’t think the pitching is there
I think we are a 500 team at best this year. ( being optimistic)
Outside of Eovaldi, our starters are garbage.
Workman gives me the jitters every time he closes, reminds me of the days when Dick Drago / Bob Stanley were our closers.
I would move Workman into the starting rotation this year and give the closer job to Barnes or Brewer.
I would rather tank and get a top 5 pick
We are desperate to restock the farm system.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Yankees, Rays, Astros, Twins, and A's are absolutely better than us and going to finish ahead of us. Cleveland is safely better too and takes a WC.

On the other side, the Royals, Tigers, Orioles, and Mariners are out of the equation.

That leaves two spots where we're competing with the ChiSox, Angels, Rangers, and Blue Jays. I'm down on Texas too and would leave them on the outside looking in, and I think the fact that Chicago has a joke of a central division schedule gets them in. So in the end really it looks like the divisional games between us and Buffalo are going to go a long way in determining that final wild card spot. Roenicke probably should manipulate the rotation to guarantee that Eovaldi starts against the Jays every series. The Angels will depend on how healthy Rendon and Trout stay.

so looks like the sox are competing against the jays and whitesox and well be watching their scoreboards.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-7-30_15-14-16.png

upload_2020-7-30_15-14-47.png

http://pressroom.redsox.com/GetFile..._July/Red Sox Game Notes - 7.30.20 at NYM.pdf

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think we are a 500 team at best this year. ( being optimistic)
Outside of Eovaldi, our starters are garbage.
Workman gives me the jitters every time he closes, reminds me of the days when Dick Drago / Bob Stanley were our closers.
I would move Workman into the starting rotation this year and give the closer job to Barnes or Brewer.
I would rather tank and get a top 5 pick
We are desperate to restock the farm system.

Really?

Two guys with career ERAs over 4.00.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I can suffer through a bad 60 game season. Would much prefer a disastrous season than say a .500 season where they end up in the playoffs and get their teeth kicked in.

Give me 10-50 or give me death (30-30)!!!

Give me the high draft bonus pool in a lost year plz, this isn’t even a real season imo. If the Sox won id call us a legit champ but anybody else and im putting an asterisk next to it. Sorry thems my rules folks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad