Red line reports mock draft

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Don't see what all the complaints are about. It could happen.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I love that he put Kessy so high but I hope he slides to #40 so the Bruins can get him. The talk here reminds me of Lucic who was ranked everywhere as a 3rd rounder or higher. I'd say Kessey has a great shot at the NHL and that makes him a good pick at anything above #25

Canuck71*

I love that he put Kessy so high but I hope he slides to #40 so the Bruins can get him. The talk here reminds me of Lucic who was ranked everywhere as a 3rd rounder or higher. I'd say Kessey has a great shot at the NHL and that makes him a good pick at anything above #25

Agree with this statement 100%, asides the Bruins picking him up at #40. It's a risky pick for the Canucks to take him at #30 but the ceiling for Kessy is very similar to Milan Lucic's. I wouldn't mind the Canucks trading down a few to take this guy in the 2nd round.

the tribute

May 10, 2011
wtf @ people saying this isn't a stretch of a mock draft. there are so many reaches and completely idiotic picks... at 21- morrow? ottawa hasn't even brought the kid for interviews. goalie going at 18 when the hawks have great goalie depth (salak, crawford) and they will be in need of power forwards once they have to pay for everyone else.. this was a terribly uneducated mock draft.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
wtf @ people saying this isn't a stretch of a mock draft. there are so many reaches and completely idiotic picks... at 21- morrow? ottawa hasn't even brought the kid for interviews. goalie going at 18 when the hawks have great goalie depth (salak, crawford) and they will be in need of power forwards once they have to pay for everyone else.. this was a terribly uneducated mock draft.
So would you be prepared to "educate" us? Put your first round here, so Friday night we can see how accurate it is. We'll see which one is more idiotic.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
"10. Minnesota — Sean Couturier. A big, two-way second-line center would be a nice complement for Mikko Koivu and Mikael Granlund, and might allow the Wild to deal Pierre-Marc Bouchard in return for another piece on the blue line."

Why the hell would they need to do that? This person clearly knows nothing about the Wild needs.

OnlyTheBrave*

23. Pittsburgh — Jamie Oleksiak. They've been trying to replace Hal Gill for two years now — Bingo!

LOL...wow, talk about misinformed.

Qvist

Apr 14, 2009
Which has what to do with the Oilers?

There's about 30 better prospects for the Oilers still on the board at that point.

He isn't the BPA at 19th and he doesn't come close to filling an organizational need.

Really, how hard can this be to understand? There is no objective measure of who the BPA at 19th is. You have one opinion. Scouts will have other opinions. It is quite possible that someone drafting around that slot considers Musil the BPA.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
I don't see how this is worse than any other mock draft. It's all based on predictions and speculations.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Even though my team got a guy I really want...this was a pretty crappy mock. Weird fall for Couturier, Klefbom and Brodin too high, Miller too high, Puempel falls out of the 1st round, Jensen a bit high...and who in the f#@$ is Kale Kessy? I've never heard that name before.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
Really, how hard can this be to understand? There is no objective measure of who the BPA at 19th is. You have one opinion. Scouts will have other opinions. It is quite possible that someone drafting around that slot considers Musil the BPA.

EXACTLY. People here seem to take the more popular prospect rankings like CSS, ISS etc. as gospel when the fact of the matter is every scout for every team sees the draft differently. Just because guys like Musil and Kessy aren't ranked high by some scouting service doesn't mean there aren't some NHL teams that are in love with them and have them in their top 30.

Even though my team got a guy I really want...this was a pretty crappy mock. Weird fall for Couturier, Klefbom and Brodin too high, Miller too high, Puempel falls out of the 1st round, Jensen a bit high...and who in the f#@$ is Kale Kessy? I've never heard that name before.

The fact that you have never even heard of Kale Kessy shows just how credible your opinions on prospects are.

Last edited:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Calling RLR "uneducated" is just embarassing yourself, sorry.

It's unbelievable how every year people on this board fall into the same trap. No one on the planet had McIlrath at 10 and Fowler at 12 last year, and it happened. So in a draft as wide open as this one, I don't know why people think anything is a safe bet at this point.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
This is just for entertainment.

Still, with my team in possession of two seconds, wouldn't mind Redline's version being similar to what really happens.

My team is in possession of three seconds, and I concur.

I really hope Bartschi slips like RLR describes, because if he's not taken in the top 15, IMO, he won't be taken at all in the first round... and I have a hunch that the Blues have gotten a few good looks at this kid when they've been in Portland checking up on Brett Ponich.

Having Puempel and/or Saad slip to 32nd overall would be good by me as well.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Calling RLR "uneducated" is just embarassing yourself, sorry.

It's unbelievable how every year people on this board fall into the same trap. No one on the planet had McIlrath at 10 and Fowler at 12 last year, and it happened. So in a draft as wide open as this one, I don't know why people think anything is a safe bet at this point.

Take a look at the post counts and join dates of most of the people who are making the disparaging comments about this particular mock...

Red Line is notorious for going way off the board in their picks, and the n00bs don't seem to be aware of that.

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
Take a look at the post counts and join dates of most of the people who are making the disparaging comments about this particular mock...

Red Line is notorious for going way off the board in their picks, and the n00bs don't seem to be aware of that.

Ah yes, because everybody knows there is no greater sign of intelligence than a high post count on an online message board.

the tribute

May 10, 2011

In no way does post count/join date dictate knowledge.

that mock had more then just "reaches", It had uneducated picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad