Red line reports mock draft

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He goes off the board with a couple of picks, but I don't see how it's a joke. A lot of his picks make sense (although BPA usually takes precident over team need).

the tribute

May 10, 2011
anybody else think this a totally laughable mock draft? I mean ottawa picking another PMD/offensive defenseman at 21? couturier at 10? lollol

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
Grimaldi at 15 is ridiculous. Slats would get eaten alive for drafting a 5'6" forward with some of the big bodies still on the board.

CanadianCommie

Cold North Comrade
Jul 25, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB
couturier falling that low and the oilers burning the 19th on Musil? There's no way the oilers pick musil over McNeill, Oleksiak, Morrow, Siemens, or, hell, any of those other picks after 19.

CanadianCommie

Cold North Comrade
Jul 25, 2006
Sherwood Park, AB
Grimaldi at 15 is ridiculous. Slats would get eaten alive for drafting a 5'6" forward with some of the big bodies still on the board.

I'm honestly not sure where Grimaldi will go...I suspect he's the favourite to fall pretty far on his size alone, unless a team out there has him pretty high on their draft list.

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
Can't say I like the Oilers taking Musil at #19 if Seimens or Biggs are still on the board.

I would like to see them end up with Musil but I think it would be safe to assume he would still be there at #31 when they pick again.

FallsForItEveryYear

Jun 26, 2007
you built this up as way worse than it was. there are a few questionable moves but its certainly not as awful as...this has to be a joke makes it sound.

...if someone mocked a draft last year that had McIlrath going at 10 while fowler and gormley fell to 12 and 13 respectively id think you would have called that a joke as well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Laughed at by who? Certainly not legitimate talent evaluators. If this draft is such a crap shoot (as most are saying), then all hell could break loose after #10. I'll say this: People will likely be shocked at how high Grimaldi, Biggs, and Miller go.

the tribute

May 10, 2011
you built this up as way worse than it was. there are a few questionable moves but its certainly not as awful as...this has to be a joke makes it sound.

...if someone mocked a draft last year that had McIlrath going at 10 while fowler and gormley fell to 12 and 13 respectively id think you would have called that a joke as well.

No, I didn't.... there's no way in hell ottawa takes zibby over couturier let alone another PMD at 21

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I would hate it if the Oilers take Musil at 31 let alone 19. :shakehead

And Kessy/Hoznik in the 1st round is crazy.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I always find it funny when I hear:

"there's no way player X falls that far (or gets taken so soon)"

or

"there's no way team Y is passing on player X"

And yet every draft is completely different from 99% of the mocks out there. It's part of what makes it entertaining, but I always laugh at some of the posts where someone is "soooo sure" about where a certain player gets picked.

The only consistent thing I see is that team scouts regularly have very different views from the consensus.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Seriously - Kale Kessy because they have a "hunch" that Mike Gillis got hit in the head too many times as a player?

This mock draft has matthew Puempel, Boone Jenner and Brandon Saad available at 29 but the Canucks are picking a guy who could go anywhere from the late 2nd round to not at all.

:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad