Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
“Shoo! Shoo! Get outta here this ain’t safe!”

Arthur presumably says this to some fish as he realizes a poisoned well is flowing into a river.

It’s hard to stay mad at this game.

So glad that guy won for best performance.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
“Shoo! Shoo! Get outta here this ain’t safe!”

Arthur presumably says this to some fish as he realizes a poisoned well is flowing into a river.

It’s hard to stay mad at this game.

So glad that guy won for best performance.
Lol, I just did this mission yesterday. There are some villagers from Butcher's Creek that are coming out of the cave ahead of Arthur, that's who he's talking to. I know this because I accidentally ran into one of them on my way across the bridge and had to restart from the checkpoint.

I missed them the first time and was wondering who tf he was talking to, lol.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Figuring out the games systems and how to access missions like the legendary gun slingers or the treasure map stuff is great because it really opens up the game world but frustrating because it really drives home just how poorly communicated all of these systems are. I don't think I can reiterate enough how much this game shot itself in the foot with what I would argue is the worst user interface for any massive, AAA game ever.

Just give us a f***ing pause screen that lays this stuff out. I should not have to access 3 or 4 different sub menus within my satchel in order to access missions. Its absolutely outrageous.

On one hand it deserved better and could have won lots of GOTY awards but on the other hand they deserve exactly what they got because they were so lazy with the UI.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Figuring out the games systems and how to access missions like the legendary gun slingers or the treasure map stuff is great because it really opens up the game world but frustrating because it really drives home just how poorly communicated all of these systems are. I don't think I can reiterate enough how much this game shot itself in the foot with what I would argue is the worst user interface for any massive, AAA game ever.

Just give us a ****ing pause screen that lays this stuff out. I should not have to access 3 or 4 different sub menus within my satchel in order to access missions. Its absolutely outrageous.

On one hand it deserved better and could have won lots of GOTY awards but on the other hand they deserve exactly what they got because they were so lazy with the UI.
Well you know, you can press left on the directional pad and it brings up a menu where you can look at different things like challenges and collection missions (Master Hunter/sharpshooter etc., Legendary animals/fish, treasure, dinosaur bones, cigarette cards and more), and even expand upon them and see where you're at. (Though it does leave a good bit to be desired).

I do agree though, that the UI is likely what made RDR lose out on some GOTY awards. The clunkiness of the menus and game mechanics is embarrassing for the level of attention to detail that they show to the rest of the game. This has never been Rockstar's strong-suit, but I would hope that after receiving the criticism that they have then they'll work on this for the next game (Presumably GTA6). Especially seeing how insanely well GTA5 Online and RDR2 have done.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don't even know how that left on the D pad thing works yet. Sometimes I get that useful menu and sometimes I get Arthur's useless journal.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I don't even know how that left on the D pad thing works yet. Sometimes I get that useful menu and sometimes I get Arthur's useless journal.
I think if you hold it in you get the Journal and if you just press it you get the challenge menu.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I swear that is what the game tells you but it doesn’t seem to actually work like that.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I've burnt out at the end of my goal of 99% completion

All I have left is that "exotics" quest line but it seems so excessive and painful that I am having a hard time sitting down and starting it

Anyone done that yet? I need some motivation

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I've burnt out at the end of my goal of 99% completion

All I have left is that "exotics" quest line but it seems so excessive and painful that I am having a hard time sitting down and starting it

Anyone done that yet? I need some motivation

You should instead listen to your burnout and stop playing the game. I can only speak for myself but I forced myself to play games enough times to now know how good it feels not to.

Just sell the game or trade it in. You got your value out of it and likely will never have a good reason to replay it: the game is just way too long to warrant a replay.

Reactions: NyQuil

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I’m on epilogue part 2 and am freaking loving it!

This and Smash Bros’ World of Light, I heard so many complaints about how long they were and how they would never end but in both cases those feel like strong parts of both games.

I don’t understand this seemingly recent trend of people wishing games were over sooner. Especially for something like Smash which doesn’t even have a story to get “bogged down” by excessive length.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This is a bad game. Reminds me a lot of GTA IV, which was just as clunky and depressing and also got amazing reviews and now no one even thinks about it 10 years later.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I’m on epilogue part 2 and am freaking loving it!

This and Smash Bros’ World of Light, I heard so many complaints about how long they were and how they would never end but in both cases those feel like strong parts of both games.

I don’t understand this seemingly recent trend of people wishing games were over sooner. Especially for something like Smash which doesn’t even have a story to get “bogged down” by excessive length.
Yeah I took a step back from the game once I finished Arthur's story and didn't really dive into the epilogue until like a month later and I absolutely loved it....I will take as much as they want to give me.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
That is an opinion.

dPvJCBa.jpg

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
This is a bad game. Reminds me a lot of GTA IV, which was just as clunky and depressing and also got amazing reviews and now no one even thinks about it 10 years later.

Probably because they are too busy playing GTA V. :laugh:

I mean, I understand being disappointed with it. It certainly has its flaws. But bad? That's certainly an interesting take.

He/she is grieving over your opinion? :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
On the final mission (I think).

This game really redeemed itself in my eyes. Spider-Man is still my #1 from last year but RDR2 is a much closer second than it was a month ago.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Calling it a bad game is just pure stupidity. The game might not be for you but how anyone can call a game this deep and with this story “bad” is beyond me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->