Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Don’t even know why rockstar announces games at this point. Won’t be shocked if it’s delayed again to be honest.

I think we all know the reason why it’s delayed as well.

This game is coming out on PC if any of you are wondering. Unless rockstar changes their plans on that

It's delayed because the Houser's are perfectionists and they're not great at realizing that they take forever in the QA process.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I don't even remember what the previous release date was.

Damn, I'm getting old.

At least it makes waiting for games a bit easier!

Game delays like this don't even register for me. If I have any reaction to them at all it is appreciation. I like delays. Most of my favourite games of all time had multiple delays.

Also, I bet they delayed it because they're working on a Switch port! :sarcasm:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If they're modeling it off GTA then I fully expect "heists" and the like. So robbing trains and stagecoaches and all that should be par for the course.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
If they're modeling it off GTA then I fully expect "heists" and the like. So robbing trains and stagecoaches and all that should be par for the course.
I sincerely hope they make it a little more nuanced than "get vehicles and go to a place where you will eventually be in a shootout with a bunch of lawmen", because that made the heists super grating to me in GTA V.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Poker sounds cool, too. Here's to hoping for the entire old west experience.

That time period has always fascinated me.
I mean I'm playing through RDR again and it has poker, liars dice and like 3 or so other mini games, hunting etc. They just need to go a little more in depth this time.
I sincerely hope they make it a little more nuanced than "get vehicles and go to a place where you will eventually be in a shootout with a bunch of lawmen", because that made the heists super grating to me in GTA V.

Yeah hopefully they learn from GTA. I don't want copy, pasted missions in RDR from GTA, but I could see that being the premise of a few.

Since it's supposed to be about Marston during his criminal days I expect a lot of heists, train robberies and the like.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I mean I'm playing through RDR again and it has poker, liars dice and like 3 or so other mini games, hunting etc. They just need to go a little more in depth this time.

Yeah hopefully they learn from GTA. I don't want copy, pasted missions in RDR from GTA, but I could see that being the premise of a few.

Since it's supposed to be about Marston during his criminal days I expect a lot of heists, train robberies and the like.
Did they have that online, though? I only played the story mode in RR1 because online was kind of lame. The story mode was awesome, tho.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Did they have that online, though? I only played the story mode in RR1 because online was kind of lame. The story mode was awesome, tho.
I'm not sure I haven't tried since I played on 360, I'll check later. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to put in.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wish they would show some gameplay instead of a cinematic trailer, but it is what it is. Seems we're going to have to wait until E3 to actually get a demo.

Game looks truly breathtaking though - the hype is real.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If I remember correctly, we didn’t see GTAV gameplay until real close to the release. Pretty sure we can trust Rockstar with gameplay at this point.

Looking forward to this.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I've always been a huge fan of GTA, but I never got into Red Dead games. Not that I was particularly against it, I may get this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad