ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
red_dead_fry_by_tydanubus-d57wcmb.jpg

i laughed way too hard at this

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Lol, Rockstar ahead of the curve. The powers that be over there didn't even want to do GTA Online until Benzies forced it in. Then they saw how much money it made, so no doubt they'll have something similar in RDR2.

Also, reminder that the guy who came in and fixed RDR during development was removed from the company and is currently trying to sue Rockstar's pants off.

Almost zero specifics in that article. The guy didn't even have an official title at Rockstar. Smells more like an unjust lawsuit than it does a potentially game-crippling dev loss

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Almost zero specifics in that article. The guy didn't even have an official title at Rockstar. Smells more like an unjust lawsuit than it does a potentially game-crippling dev loss

Lol? He was lead developer/project director on GTA since the early 2000s. Definitely the most important person at Rockstar beside the Housers. They used him a fixer for their non-Rockstar North projects when those weren't going as smoothly. He was also sent to Team Bondi when McNamara was up to his shenanigans. So he didn't have an official job for RDR but he absolutely did in the company. Basically the #3 at Rockstar.

Sounds like they had a falling out, he went on leave, then something went wrong that he wouldn't come back.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Lol? He was lead developer/project director on GTA since the early 2000s. Definitely the most important person at Rockstar beside the Housers. They used him a fixer for their non-Rockstar North projects when those weren't going as smoothly. He was also sent to Team Bondi when McNamara was up to his shenanigans. So he didn't have an official job for RDR but he absolutely did in the company. Basically the #3 at Rockstar.

Sounds like they had a falling out, he went on leave, then something went wrong that he wouldn't come back.

My bad. Wasn't aware of who the guy was. The article said almost verbatim, "He didn't have a title at Rockstar"

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
My bad. Wasn't aware of who the guy was. The article said almost verbatim, "He didn't have a title at Rockstar"

Yeah that was bad wording I'm pretty sure they meant he didn't have a title on RDR itself. Atleast that is how I took it. He came in and "fixed" a game he didn't have any actual affiliation to.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
*I apologize if this is common knowledge or has been announced already.

Saw this posted on an Amazon.com forum. April 11th. Sounds like PS4 users will get a small nod.

Sony Prophet says:

For the past 20 years, Rockstar have continually redefined the concept of open worlds. From the record breaking Grand Theft Auto series, the Midnight Club racing games, the schoolyard comedy Bully, to the breakout hit Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar has consistently delivered on a level that few have managed to match.

Watch the trailer, captured on PS4

Now, following up Grand Theft Auto V — one of the most successful entertainment properties of all time — Rockstar is set to return with Red Dead Redemption 2, the latest entry in the Red Dead series of games. And there’s no better place to play it than PlayStation.

Hand crafted to take full advantage of PS4, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.

In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming to PlayStation Now soon. Relive the epic story of former outlaw John Marston as he hunts down the gang members he once called friends through the harsh and punishing landscape of America’s dying West.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...tion-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, there's no shortage of stories or evidence that the Houser brothers are incredibly talented ********.

At this point it's well known they were deadset against GTA Online from the outset, and it was only with sustained prodding from Benzies that it was given the go-ahead.... and has since made the Housers roughly a bajillion dollars...that they're currently trying to cut Benzies out of entirely.

Less confirmed but oft rumored is the fact that the reason the Housers were against GTA Online, is because they've long felt that the narrative/characters/storytelling are the real draw and artistry of the GTA games, and that the random wackiness/violence is just a 'side dish' to the main course. So a mode built entirely around that wackiness and violence and given equal billing to their beloved storytelling would undermine it.

...even though everybody I know agrees the mission design in GTA games has become boring and formulaic as **** over the years, and it's the wacky hijinx and violence that distract you on the way from point A to point B that get most of the play.

Basically, they're your standard narcissists. Just very talented.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Of course it's delayed. At this point everything they release. Expect it 2 earth seasons later. Hopefully they still show something at e3. What's the point in announcing a game for them? Do they really gain that much of an advantage? Cause there's no other reason

Day 1 buy btw

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I cheer for delays on games like this.

Take all the time you need, and then take a little more.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Game delays are annoying and inconvenient. Games that are released too early and are buggy pieces of **** are total wastes of money. I'd rather keep my $60 until the game is ready. Take your time and make it great.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Rockstar delayed GTA V a couple times (one for sure) and it turned out totally fine.

Usually when the actually trusted developers delay it, it's a good sign as opposed to a bad one.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Did you see he screenshots in the article??? Wow. It looks beautiful. The delay sucks but whatever. I'll just replay the first game one more time through and patiently wait for the sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad