Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
So what all would we like to see in RDR 2???

Maybe some posse jobs for single player, working with other NPCs in raids and whatnot...kind of like Dragon Age or Mass Effect where you pick who joins you on the job.

I loved the idea of posse play online for RDR1, but I never played online, and my friends who also had the game didn't play as much as me, so I did the posse thing like twice :laugh:

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
A completely new set of characters, a different part of the old West and a great story. Possibly two different playable character, a lawman and the outlaw, who you switch between, your actions changing the outcome.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Considering RDR was about the old West "dying" I expect this one to be about the westward expansion of the USA.

Would be pretty cool and gives different themes to tackle.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Games are evolving. Time for single player campaigns to die.

Multi-player campaigns are where it's at. Rockstar is ahead of the curve.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
So long as there is a damn good single player, I'm happy.

The day single player dies is the day my video game fandom dies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

They will never die. Sorry. Single players always make money

I'm just glad a lot of people are doing more co op campaigns or games

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Rockstar sure made it sound like there's no single player campaign in this game.

Not to be a negative nancy but get ready to be disappointed

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

That's just asinine. Tons of gamers have zero interest in playing online (like me) and publishers aren't going to drive gamers away. Plus not everyone has internet capable of providing a good experience that way...my internet in Montana was twice as expensive and 1/10 the speed as it is in LA.

Couch co-op with friends? Hell yes.
Multiplayer online? You get $0 from me. None.

And no, Rockstar didn't make it sound like there's no single-player campaign...they just made it sound like the multiplayer component will be a major part of the game from the launch (unlike GTA V, where it took a long time to show up and even longer to become reliably functional). If Rockstar decided that it was best to alienate the majority of their fan base to cater to the YouTube set then somebody else would fill the hole in the market left in their wake, and get filthy rich doing so. Even if things inexplicably went online multiplayer-only gamers can only juggle so many multiplayer games at once...that's why games like Battleborn & Evolve were dead on arrival; meanwhile Bethesda's id revivals made their triumphant return based on the strength of their single-player campaigns (Wolfenstein: TNO didn't even have a multiplayer component at all).

Last edited:
Reactions: CoyoteSkyDiver

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

Huh?

There is BY far more single player games than "true" multiplayer games on the marekt.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Rockstar sure made it sound like there's no single player campaign in this game.

Not to be a negative nancy but get ready to be disappointed

All Rockstar's recent games are built around an epic single player campaign. Do you have a source? as I cannot see this happening.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Lol, Rockstar ahead of the curve. The powers that be over there didn't even want to do GTA Online until Benzies forced it in. Then they saw how much money it made, so no doubt they'll have something similar in RDR2.

Also, reminder that the guy who came in and fixed RDR during development was removed from the company and is currently trying to sue Rockstar's pants off.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Lol, Rockstar ahead of the curve. The powers that be over there didn't even want to do GTA Online until Benzies forced it in. Then they saw how much money it made, so no doubt they'll have something similar in RDR2.

Also, reminder that the guy who came in and fixed RDR during development was removed from the company and is currently trying to sue Rockstar's pants off.

"Fixed RDR???"

What do you mean? :dunno:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It won't be multiplayer only. That's ridiculous. Every game that has done that has underperformed commercially and gotten bad press for the decision. Titanfall and Battlefront being two huge recent examples. SWTOR's most celebrated parts are the portions of the game that can be played entirely be yourself. The best reviewed and most celebrated games are single player games first, and if they have multiplayer it's not the focus. Moreover, it's been difficult for console based shooters to get acclaim without single player campaigns (PC shooters like Counterstrike and Over watch are a different beast). If someone names the best games of the last 15 years, the majority will be single player. Sorry, it's not going anywhere. There is a ton of money to be made off multiplayer, but games that ignore single player don't tend to be those games.

Now, I do think GTA Online is why expansions were axed for GTA V, which sucks, but if GTA V started out as an online only game, it wouldn't have made the kind of money it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->