Recurring Ankle Pain, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexXed

Oct 23, 2005
Hong Kong
Hi, I play in our university league over in the UK last season and after a few games I had this pain in the bit of the bone that sticks out from my inside right ankle. It hurt a little bit below that too. I decided to play through it but it just got worse and worse to the point where I could hardly walk after one game.

After going back home and not playing for 6 weeks, getting physio and taking all sorts of crap to make it better it was fully healed. I also got new skates in case it were the older pair that caused it.

Now I've been playing this season and sure enough, I feel its coming back. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? Got a couple of games lined up which I really wanna play but I'm worried that the ankle will be as bad as it was before.

Also is there anything else I can do to prevent this? What exactly is causing it? I have no idea...

Any help much appreciated.

terreur

Jan 27, 2006
Montreal
Hey, I had the same problem a few years ago... i saw a Doctor and he said it was.... a Tandinite... (im really not sure if its the world in English... im French so maybe someone could help on this one) and that the only way I could fix the problem would be with a cast... I really didn't want to so I continued playing with my feet for one full year and realized it was getting worst. SO i Decided to put the cast... i had my cast for 6 weeks and when I took it off, i never had a siongle problem with it. It's been 4 years now and i'd say that if you have the time, and can afford to have a cast for 6 weeks it's really gonna help you.

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
Yeah I had that too. I gave it lots fo time off and tried to have physio to correct it, but nothing really helped until i started playing with a neoprene ankle support. It helps stop the pain and lets you skate and turn again. It was horrible to try and play through the pain, felt at time liek you ankle would snap. I think the problem is a calcium deposit that builds up on the ankle bone, and is then subjected to pressure in your skate, which is why it doesn't hurt with any other activity (i assume, if it's like mine).

You can have surgery to get it removed/ground off, but an invasive proceedure will take away from playing time. hope this helps.

p.s. you don't need a fancy ankle support, just one of the basic neoprene and velcro ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad