Recruitment for 32 Team Keeper League starting in 2021-2022 Season - Pokemon Theme

Ruley711

May 26, 2021
Hey everyone,

I am recruiting for the remaining spots in a league I am starting for the upcoming season; The National Pokemon Hockey League. It is a Pokemon themed 32 team Keeper League starting in the 2021-2022 season.

For the specifics on the Pokemon theme; there is not many rules to what the teams have to be. The only main rule is that it will be the 32 NHL cities followed by a Pokemon that either resembles the team, is a play on words of the team’s name or is a creative and unique idea with the relation of the Pokemon, city or Logo design. There is almost 900 Pokemon to choose from so it should be pretty easy to find one that fits. Active Managers who will be willing to chat and interact on the Discord server will be prioritized, but a creative City/Pokemon combo will be the tie-breaker.
Note: You don’t have to be a massive Pokemon fan who plays the games or collects the cards, etc. but it is definitely encouraged to at least enjoy Pokemon & Hockey in some capacity so you can find some like-minded people! Obviously if we are all already on this subreddit we already have some things in common clearly, but the more the merrier with Pokemon common interests! At the end of the day, it is a fantasy hockey league, so the goal is just finding fantasy nerds who are dedicated, but for anyone, like myself, who love both Hockey and Pokemon this is a great opportunity.
If you are one of the 32 teams you are encouraged to either find an NHL Pokemon Logo on the internet thats already been made or even make one up yourself.

Some important summary notes:
· Held on Fantrax
· $25 Entry (including fantrax fees) This is to ensure its only people really interested and willing to play and be active.
· Discord for communication
· Start in the 2021-2022 season, slow draft starting mid August.
· TBD on if using salary cap yet, will get many opinions from managers before confirming, but tentatively this will be used.
· 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6D, 2G and 3 Bench Spots to try and be similar to a real-life simulation (2 IR+ spots)
· H2H Points Weekly
· Tentatively 6 keepers per team. (rules on how long you are allowed a certain player or if certain players cant be kept is still TBD)
Tentative Scoring:
Skater: G: 2.5, A: 1.5, PPP: 1, SHP: 1, SOG: 0.25, Hit: 0.2, Blk: 0.2
Goalie: GA: -1, SV: 0.2, W: 2.5, SO: 1.5
All 16 playoff teams will win at least some money, each round is increase in prize pool %. Consolation playoff bracket winner also gets prize money. Division winners in regular season as well.
A bit more depth of the rules here (The Pokemon Hockey League Rules)
So if you read this far I can imagine you are at least a little interested, if so please private message myself with answers to all of these questions; your discretion for length and detail of your answers and I'll get back to you.
1. Feel free to share anything about yourself (age, where you are from, what you do, favourite NHL team, favourite pokemon etc.) Not a mandatory question if you don’t want.
2. What is your history in Fantasy Hockey?
3. Have you quit a league before (if so why)?
4. Is ~$25 a good ballpark for you?
5. Approximately how active will you/can you be on average (i.e trade offers, managing daily lineup change, weekly etc.)? (obviously some weeks are busier than others for everyone).
6. Do you use Discord and how active of a participant in discussion (no need to a lot, but more than never ideally), but just discussing: the league itself, current hockey games or current Pokemon related news/games etc.
7. What is your ideal Team Name (City + Pokemon) *See List of available cities below
8. Are you comfortable making a logo/finding one online/paying for one (if you really want, not necessary at all) and adding a bit of creativity? (not a negative if you aren’t just bonus if you are)

Teams Available: Boston, Columbus, Detroit, Florida, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Jose.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and respond. I look forward to meeting some like-minded people and having an absolute blast with this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad