Recording Sharks games on Directv DVR

Discussion in 'San Jose Sharks' started by lunarbrian, Oct 3, 2018.

1. lunarbrian

lunarbrian Registered User

In past years I have set my DVR to automatically record Sharks games using an algorithm I got from this board. For some reason that is not working this season. I have tried different combinations to no avail. I know I can record the games manually which I have done so far. Anyone having any success with automatic recording this season?

2. socalsharksfan

socalsharksfan Old Fart

Retired
    Subscribing to this one. I have never gotten them to record automatically and have always had to put them in manually (which generally requires sitting down once or twice a week and searching ahead). None of the search strings I have ever entered have ever worked correctly....

3. drunksage

drunksage #88: The Savior.

RPh
    You can just do a series-esque recording of all the games with the newer "Genie" DVRs (which I think are awesome because they can record like 5 shows at once and I try to watch way too much crap). The problem is that it mostly records the away team because it runs from lowest channel # to highest channel #, and the local Sharks channel is the highest, so I have to record them manually too.

4. HipCzech

HipCzech Just win the game

Sorry if this a thread hijack, let me know if I should start a new one.

Anyone with DirecTV Now having problems trying to record this Friday's Kings game to the DirecTV Now Cloud DVR?

I'm getting an error message: "Something went wrong. Looks like this show isn't included in your subscription" even though I do subscribe to the package that has Comcast Sportsnet California.