Recommendations for Meal Preps

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Go get some cheap tupperware, precut your veggies, and I personally label each piece of tupperware with what goes in it. For some reason for me, it reminds/forces me to regularly eat those things. I usually do bell peppers, cucumbers, peeled garlic so I can chop/mince quickly, chopped onion, chopped mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and chopped iceberg lettuce.

There is a paleo recipe book that has a chapter or two on helping you organize prepping for the week.... But I can't for the life of me remember the name of it at the moment. When I do, I'll post it. Never read it personally, but know some that have and they said it was very helpful. The recipes in the book themselves aren't anything special looking IMO, though.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Go get some cheap tupperware, precut your veggies, and I personally label each piece of tupperware with what goes in it. For some reason for me, it reminds/forces me to regularly eat those things. I usually do bell peppers, cucumbers, peeled garlic so I can chop/mince quickly, chopped onion, chopped mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and chopped iceberg lettuce.

There is a paleo recipe book that has a chapter or two on helping you organize prepping for the week.... But I can't for the life of me remember the name of it at the moment. When I do, I'll post it. Never read it personally, but know some that have and they said it was very helpful. The recipes in the book themselves aren't anything special looking IMO, though.

Thanks.

Can't believe nobody here has anymore insight. What you eat is is MORE important then the actual workouts.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
There are a lot of resources. Look into preparing freezer meals if you're finding time is a problem. These are two sites I really like:

https://onceamonthmeals.com/
http://happymoneysaver.com/freezer-meals/

Should be easy enough to use those recipes and figure out the macros where they aren't listed.

Awesome thanks!

I've worked in meal prep for athletes for more than two years !
Basically what are you asking here ?

Some good ideas of meals to make. Trying to put on size on. Don't want anything too complicated to make or overly time consuming.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Awesome thanks!

Some good ideas of meals to make. Trying to put on size on. Don't want anything too complicated to make or overly time consuming.

Oh, I see.

For a really user friendly, I might suggest Bodybuilding.com They have some really good recipes, easy to make and they list Macros, something I would not do (Pretty time consuming :laugh:)

Anyway, an easy way to prepare a dish for bodybuilding is just to decide three things: What proteins do you want ? (Fish, poultry, eggs, meat, dairy, seafood, soy based, nuts, beans, whey, legumes.)

What carb do you want: Rice, pasta, bread, etc.

What veggie/fruits you're gonna eat with that.

Pick any of those, and you have a dish.

Obviously it will not be high end or anything, but it will taste great and you'll have great results.

Another great way to have ideas would be to buy some already prepped meal from a local dealer ( I see you're located in NY, take a peek at Kettlebell kitchen, CleanEats and Rocbody...) OR just looking at menus on their site could help you with some ideas, now I don't know these meal prep services myself, but still, be wary because a lot of those don't give a flying squat what you actually eat and they give you crap.

Educating yourself about nutrition, food and how to cook it is probably the single most important thing you could learn in life. Saves you money, gives you health and just a lot more enjoyment. Obviously, I cannot give you a whole cooking class or anything, but buying cookbooks or information material, reading on the internet, etc is all good. But beware what you read, obviously. Proof check, the information you get, because a lot of it is broscience.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

FLY, I really like Kevin Curry's recipes over at FitMenCook. He's got a website and youtube channel. Check him out.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Oh, I see.

For a really user friendly, I might suggest Bodybuilding.com They have some really good recipes, easy to make and they list Macros, something I would not do (Pretty time consuming :laugh:)

Anyway, an easy way to prepare a dish for bodybuilding is just to decide three things: What proteins do you want ? (Fish, poultry, eggs, meat, dairy, seafood, soy based, nuts, beans, whey, legumes.)

What carb do you want: Rice, pasta, bread, etc.

What veggie/fruits you're gonna eat with that.

Pick any of those, and you have a dish.

Obviously it will not be high end or anything, but it will taste great and you'll have great results.

Another great way to have ideas would be to buy some already prepped meal from a local dealer ( I see you're located in NY, take a peek at Kettlebell kitchen, CleanEats and Rocbody...) OR just looking at menus on their site could help you with some ideas, now I don't know these meal prep services myself, but still, be wary because a lot of those don't give a flying squat what you actually eat and they give you crap.

Educating yourself about nutrition, food and how to cook it is probably the single most important thing you could learn in life. Saves you money, gives you health and just a lot more enjoyment. Obviously, I cannot give you a whole cooking class or anything, but buying cookbooks or information material, reading on the internet, etc is all good. But beware what you read, obviously. Proof check, the information you get, because a lot of it is broscience.

Thanks for the info, I def need to do some more reading up.

FLY, I really like Kevin Curry's recipes over at FitMenCook. He's got a website and youtube channel. Check him out.

This is perfect! Thanks Crease :bow:

Phil Kessels Hot Dog

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton in 5
What I usually do is make a ton of rice in the rice cooker and boil some frozen veggies. Mix them all up and put in tupperware containers. When I cook meat, I just make a lot of whatever I'm having for dinner and freeze the rest in 200-250g baggies. In the morning before I leave for work, I grab a tupperware and whatever meat I feel like having that day. It's the simplest way I've found, but I'm not counting marcos or anything like that either.

I started doing this when I spent $12 at subway one day and realized I could be eating steak for lunch for what I was spending on fast food.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad