Equipment: Recommend some shoulder pads!

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Yeah for sure. I actually selected that model in the summer before they invaded NHL-lockerrooms, so I felt pretty wise about that decision in hindsight LOL. They got a lot of airtime during the HBO 24/7 series as well.

Nowadays, I'm seeing more U+CLs and current graphic Reebok pro pads that are quite unique, but may very well be Jofa pads re-branded, not sure.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/BiG-Gunz/7kproshoulders.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hockey.inlinewarehouse.com/showthread.php?t%3D18052&h=480&w=640&sz=61&tbnid=mu9_ppVxmW_oVM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=120&zoom=1&usg=__ecH1FyMH1B2eLJkTQ6bnPI6G2H4=&docid=TuPP68DdPyF_9M&sa=X&ei=aZN6UcDEDebc4AOKjIHQBA&ved=0CFAQ9QEwBQ&dur=1422

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Update: I ordered the CCM Fit09s over a week ago from Totalhockey, they charged my credit card, and then I got a call yesterday saying they were sold out. What the hell?

So now I'm shopping for U+ 12s.

Another update: I called Totalhockey today and since they didn't have the Fit 09s they upgraded me to the U+ 12s for just $5! It sucks that their website lists stuff they don't have, but they made up for it with that deal.

In the end I'm getting the U+ 12s for $65 when they're usually $80.

Bengerm77

Aug 9, 2012
Thread Jack!

What's everybody's feelings on the Warrior Bully shoulder pads? They just went on clearance, and I've been looking at these to wear for my ice games. Good bang for buck? Awful,wretched waste of money that I should avoid?

jordanking87

Apr 6, 2013
Indianapolis,IN
although i did just place an order for ccm 4r pro II only to get a call later saying theyre out of stock...so their website may just be lagging their inventory

Jul 31, 2005
CA
For those who say CCM's sizing is correct I just bought another pair of CL's shoulders in a size small. I'm 6 feet, 200 lbs, I lift weights so I originally purchased a large. Mobility and ventilation was fine but the middle chest piece would move away from my body when I skated and when I sat on the bench-so much so that it was distracting. Gave it a couple of games to see if they would break in a little, nothing really to break in with these though. So went back to the store and tried on a medium, same problem. Tried on a small since it was there and it fit me. If 6 feet, 200lbs is a small then Hulk Hogan must wear an XL. I think I was a small in Farrell's too but a large in my Sherwood 9950's. Love the water resistant capabilities of the CCM CL line and it's nice to feel cold air flow through when you skate.

mistrhanky

Mar 19, 2012
Tried on some Easton 55s today and they were decent enough I think. I really liked the 75s a LOT better, and the adjustable bicep part is nice, but it is hard to justify another $30 for those. Movement seemed pretty decent though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad