Recognized Media Sources

gongshowmonkey

Sep 10, 2008
Updated through post 77

Still looking for more media sources so we can get ready for the trade deadline.

If anyone is willing to help post here.

Analyzer*

Updated through post 77

Still looking for more media sources so we can get ready for the trade deadline.

If anyone is willing to help post here.

You already don't have it on the list, but CKAC should never be considered one.

CaptainObvi0us

Sep 3, 2009
NJ
PuckCentral.net
Well I made this list awhile ago and have been updating it. It was actually linked to on NHL.com

Just looking at your list you have some prominent non-team related media members from Twitter left off.

Some I would recommend -

dchesnokov
ESPN_Burnside
RealKyper (Nick Kypreos)
mirtle
tsnbobmckenzie
DarrenDreger
Real_ESPNLeBrun
ChrisBottaNHL
CraigCustance
kausatoday

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Here's my official Twitter list for the Phoenix Coyotes Media, Staff, bloggers, and other associated accounts (like AHL/CHL/ECHL affiliates). I compiled this at the beginning of the season and keep the list up to date as information changes.

The Coyotes media on the list are up to date, verified, and are must follows:

http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2010/09/09/2010-coyotes-tweeps-list/

If you don't see a Coyotes media type listed here, they don't have a Twitter account.

Last edited:

birddog*

an aggregator:

NHL Trade Deadline

Has:
TSN
Sportsnet
TheScore
NHL.com
Yahoo NHL
ESPN
Hockey News
CBC
Fox
Puck Daddy
Spector's Hockey
Eklund <-- haha
Rotoworld
Rotowire
Rototimes
TheStar
Toronto Sun
Globe & Mail

Plus the big 3 twitter guys:
Dreger
MacKenzie
Lebrun

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Maybe it's just because I follow the NHL trade and rumor mill more closely than those for other sports, but doesn't it seem like there's a lot more fake/BS/fan Twitter accounts and rumor sites purporting to have "real" information than in other sports? If this is actually the case, I can only assume it's because they've all seen how successful Eklund was at getting people to pay for his snake oil.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
For Winnipeg right now it's:

Tim Campbell, Winnipeg Free Press - Highly respected journalist who's been around from the Jets days and still has great contacts in the game. He broke the Kevin Chevaldayoff story.

Also, Gary Lawless is the Free Press columnist who has covered the NHL relocation story over the last couple years and will continue to do so.

And Paul Friesen from the Winnipeg Sun.

Bob Irving is the most well respected sports radio journalist in Winnipeg, he works for CJOB.

Those four are trusted.

Twitter links:

@garylawless - Gary Lawless, Winnipeg Free Press
@friesensunmedia - Paul Friesen, Winnipeg Sun

Also @NHLinWpg is the current twitter account used by the team, it started as @driveto13 during the ticket drive and then changed to @NHLinWpg - I expect it will evolve into the official team twitter account when the name is announced.

pedrospecialk

Jul 6, 2005
Waltham, MA
For what it's worth, @murphyslaw74 is not very reliable whatsoever for Bruins news, despite working for ESPN.

Fluto Shinzawa, the Boston Globe's beat writer (@GlobeFluto) is always on point.

PS Thanks for organizing these, extremely useful

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
One of the guys on the Devils board created this twitter last offseason with many of the big name credible guys around hockey mentioned in the OP, and of course a specific focus on a few of the people closer to the Devils

https://twitter.com/#!/elwynor/hockeytweets

It wouldn't be a bad idea for somebody to create a twitter account that just follows those names mentioned in this OP as the twitter the guy on our board created in the link above was very useful during the deadline and last offseason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad