Reclamation Project

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Have two defined shooters, one at the half wall and one on the point. Others can shoot, but those two should shoot 90% of the time they have the puck on their stick.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I would like to see Grigorenko, Ennis, Vanek, Myers and someone else.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Have two defined shooters, one at the half wall and one on the point. Others can shoot, but those two should shoot 90% of the time they have the puck on their stick.

Myers and Vanek. In fact, Vanek needs to work the wall. Get someone else to work the slot.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Grigs and Ehrhoff on the point...Grigs feeds and receives passes CE blasts em...Vanek tips em...profit

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Get those bums Stafford and Leino off the PP....They don't deserve to be there.

msm29

Was htsportplaya
Jul 1, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It's going to be ugly, considering the only established PP players on the roster are Ehrhoff and Vanek.

For now? Shoot everything. Throw pucks at the net, and hope the extra man is an advantage to loose pucks. Work on other things in practice, but giving these guys choices and time and asking terrible passers to make plays has got to stop.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I like the way Risto gets his shot through. I'd like to see more of him on the point. Grigs should not be on the point because he isnsn't defensively responsible enough.

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
The easiest way to make the PP a little more dangerous right now? Keep moving their feet and stop watching the puck handler.

This x 1000000000

They need to get into the habit of moving without the puck, constantly. They never have any lanes to pass or shoot because they sit in the same formation the entire PP. Get creative.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
At least run an umbrella if you want to stand stationary and work the puck up top for shots from there. Ehrhoff would be fine at the point tip of the umbrella.

That ****ing zone entry, doe :shakehead:rant::amazed::shakehead

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Myers and Vanek. In fact, Vanek needs to work the wall. Get someone else to work the slot.

I think you need to Vanek where he is best and that is in the slot.

Now if we could just clone Vanek....

:laugh:

Seriously though, I think the biggest issue is the lack of PP talent. Systems are overrated when talking about this stuff.

Talented players on the PP = a solid PP.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I expected when they signed Ehrhoff, that Ehrhoff + Vanek = good PP.

No idea what went wrong there.

barnell

butter knife hockey
Mar 28, 2010
Rochester, NY
I expected when they signed Ehrhoff, that Ehrhoff + Vanek = good PP.

No idea what went wrong there.

If your PP is 2 players then you're still outnumbered 2:1.

If we want to fix the PP:
  1. Watch Washington's PP from the Chicago game on Tuesday
  2. Take Notes
  3. Emulate
  4. Profit

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
The easiest way to make the PP a little more dangerous right now? Keep moving their feet and stop watching the puck handler.

You mean like when Grigorenko was skating around with the puck for a good 5-10 seconds and everyone else just stood there, and he ends up losing the puck with no where to pass it?

Nah.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Stop trying to be someone else. We don't have the personnel to be anybody else.

Find what your team's strength is and focus on that. If your coach can't do that, then hire a new coach.

Get Vanek, your most dangerous goal scorer, OPEN FOR SHOTS. Don't have him stand in front. When your defensemen can't get shots through, you pretty much are playing 4 on 4. Vanek is useless if he can't deflect shots NOT coming through.

Be Patient with the kids. Personally, I would like to see a PP Unit of:

Vanek-Hodgson-Grigorenko-Pysyk-Ehroff

Girgensens-Ott-Ennis-Ristolanien-Weber

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The annual powerplay fixer thread has arrived earlier than usual. My standard answer -- move. Move to open ice, move with the puck, move without the puck and move the puck.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Accurate passing. You can't get a one-timer or quick pass off if you have to fight the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad