Recent Ex-Leafs Around the League.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Not talking about this thread, but funny to see how the 'Egocock screwed over Josh Leivo' comments have pretty much stopped since his hot start in Vancouver.
I think a big part of that is because Ennis got hurt and another young player in Moore has played for Ennis instead. Moore look solid.
I do still think Leivo was better than Ennis though.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Top 5 Scorers from Ex Leafs

Phil Kessel 8 points in 6 games
Alexander Steen with 5 in 7 games
Brian Boyle with 4 in 7
Connor Carrick with 4 in 6
Leo Komarov with 3 in 7
Sadly we do not always miss those Europeans and are sometimes happy to be rid of their skill
Steen and Konarov would be better than good Canadain Kids Connor Brown, Travis McDermott or Tyler Enis but I am not saying that it would be heaven
The Yankee Kessel was a bit of a nuclear vessel, and we all just needed to take a chill pill

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Sadly we do not always miss those Europeans and are sometimes happy to be rid of their skill
Steen and Konarov would be better than good Canadain Kids Connor Brown, Travis McDermott or Tyler Enis but I am not saying that it would be heaven
The Yankee Kessel was a bit of a nuclear vessel, and we all just needed to take a chill pill

Da fuq?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Losing sure follows Phaneuf around a lot. It's like he's built an entire career getting paid as an upper echelon defenseman based on his first three years in the league but is otherwise probably not much more than a Ron Hainsey level defenseman.

The 7 million dollar fraud is still top 10 cap hit among ALL D in the entire league , bahahahahaha:help:

soooo glad we dumped his over inflated butt.

Reactions: Macallan18

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The 7 million dollar fraud is still top 10 cap hit among ALL D in the entire league , bahahahahaha:help:

soooo glad we dumped his over inflated butt.

I hope he, David Clarkson, and Joffery Lupul are sending Dave Nonis Christmas cards every year. What a generous guy, eh?

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Doug Armstrong was on HC @ noon. He mentioned how he was really happy for Bozak and Maroon. He said Bozak has been a huge help this playoffs (not only production) as well as in the room with the guys.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If the Leafs don't go on, the Blues will be the team I'm cheering for.

I’m going for the Islanders if that happens. Too good a storyline. JT leaves... our players cast off. Something to prove.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Let’s add a congratulations to Curtis in Carolina as well.

Looks like being let go by the Leafs increased their chances to win a Cup

Sigh

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Bozak is Bozak, I always think he is a solid player.
I have not seen the Stars played so not going to comment on Polak.
McBackup is McBackup.
I do want to comment on Leo and Martin bc they were total crap last year, heck Martin didn’t even play for half the season. Now these two are playing very solid in NY and I just wondered why is that?
Take their cap hit aside, why can’t they be effective for the Leafs but can do it as an Isles. I really question Babs style, as he is not playing to the players strengths

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You do realize that his 20 reg seasons wins and 2 OTs resulted in 42 points for the Canes and helped them get into the playoffs?
I'm sure he's part of the reason they made the playoffs. However in terms of Carolina making the 2nd round he did not have anything to do with that.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Bozak is Bozak, I always think he is a solid player.
I have not seen the Stars played so not going to comment on Polak.
McBackup is McBackup.
I do want to comment on Leo and Martin bc they were total crap last year, heck Martin didn’t even play for half the season. Now these two are playing very solid in NY and I just wondered why is that?
Take their cap hit aside, why can’t they be effective for the Leafs but can do it as an Isles. I really question Babs style, as he is not playing to the players strengths

They can’t be effective for the Leafs because the Leafs... led by Dubas who “doesn’t buy (physicality).... have an arrogant view that the game has changed.

Which is funny considering we haven’t made it out of the first round in 3 years while we saw Tom Wilson hoist a Cup while Ryan Reeves watched from the ice.

And Matt Martin averages over 12 mins for the Islanders in the playoffs.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I'm sure he's part of the reason they made the playoffs. However in terms of Carolina making the 2nd round he did not have anything to do with that.

As a former goalie, this is pretty offensive to think that the one that isn’t playing has nothing to do with team success.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Komarov, Bozak, JVR (no playoffs), Polak, even Martin - all useful. The Leafs didn't have the space to re-sign Komarov or Bozak or JVR. Polak should have been re-signed, underrated mistake. Babcock and Dubas are wrong, there is room for players like Matt Martin.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Komarov, Bozak, JVR (no playoffs), Polak, even Martin - all useful. The Leafs didn't have the space to re-sign Komarov or Bozak or JVR. Polak should have been re-signed, underrated mistake. Babcock and Dubas are wrong, there is room for players like Matt Martin.

The way Babcock utilizes players is strange. I think after this series (Matthews 15min played 5 mins left in a game you trail by 2). We can all agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad