Recent draftees add depth for St. Louis Blues in 2014-15

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
ville_husso_ifk_helsinki_090614.jpg
Photo: Ville Husso will be the primary goaltender for HIFK Helsinki in 2014-15 after posting a 1.99 goals against average in 2013-14. (courtesy of IFK Helsinki/Champions Hockey League via Getty Images)

After a season with only a few high-end prospects in their system, the St. Louis Blues will enjoy a *deeper prospect pipeline heading into the 2014-15 season. A major help in replenishing the prospect pool was the 2014 NHL Draft, where the Blues made 10 picks, including six in the first four rounds. With the current depth on the Blues’ roster, many of their prospects will spend time at other levels of hockey to improve their overall game.*

Pro

Top Pro Prospect
Jordan Binnington, G, Chicago Wolves (AHL)

Jordan Binnington has excelled at all levels of hockey thus far in his career.… read more

The post Recent draftees add depth for St. Louis Blues in 2014-15 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
How you can continue to say Binnington is a better prospect then Allen when the entire fan base screams that you are being dumb amazes me. Heck, I like Husso, but how is he a better prospect then Lindbohm when Lindbohm might make the team THIS YEAR when Husso is half a decade away?

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
I would like to know the writers reasoning for his choices, but there's no need to get so upset about it.

Top prospect in a pro league should be Jaskin

Top org prospect should be Fabbri/Allen. I love Barbashev and still can't believe we landed him in the second(thanks Perron) but Fabbri ceiling is substantially higher than Barbs. Fabbri MAY become a 70pt #1, whereas Barbs looks to be more like a 40-50pt 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Agree with Schmaltz being our best NCAA player.

Husso is not a bad pick for best Euro, but the fact that Lindbohm might make the team out of nowhere, is my vote for our best euro prospect. Husso has starters upside, while Lindbohm, has top 4 upside.

The others ones, meh.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I would like to know the writers reasoning for his choices, but there's no need to get so upset about it.

Top prospect in a pro league should be Jaskin

Top org prospect should be Fabbri/Allen. I love Barbashev and still can't believe we landed him in the second(thanks Perron) but Fabbri ceiling is substantially higher than Barbs. Fabbri MAY become a 70pt #1, whereas Barbs looks to be more like a 40-50pt 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Agree with Schmaltz being our best NCAA player.

Husso is not a bad pick for best Euro, but the fact that Lindbohm might make the team out of nowhere, is my vote for our best euro prospect. Husso has starters upside, while Lindbohm, has top 4 upside.

The others ones, meh.

I'm just frustrated that easily the most visible sight at evaluating hockey prospects's coverage of our team is based on someone who either has a huge bias to certain prospect and/or doesn't actually pay attention to them.

The big issue on pro prospect to me isn't Binnington over Jaskin, it's Binnington over Allen, who qualifies on this list. That's simply absurd to me.

Also, just for point of discussion, I'd argue Parayko over Schmaltz.

Last edited:

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I'm just frustrated that easily the most visible sight at evaluating hockey prospects's coverage of our team is based on someone who either has a huge bias to certain prospect and/or doesn't actually pay attention to them.

The big issue on pro prospect to me isn't Binnington over Jaskin, it's Binnington over Allen, who qualifies on this list. That's simply absurd to me.

Also, just for point of discussion, I'd argue Parayko over Schmaltz.

I agree I like Parayko over Schmaltz currently alsp

medkit

Mar 22, 2014
You would think an article about STL's recent draftees would mention their most hyped prospect.

Oh well, better luck next time

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
You would think an article about STL's recent draftees would mention their most hyped prospect.

Oh well, better luck next time

Yeah that was kind of glaring. Maybe assumed he had made the the team? Just weird.

Also Jaskin sticking on the roster seems like a longshot, and has since before camp started.

Again, it comes across as a piece written by someone with only a passing knowledge of the team and access to some stats. Sorry to sound so harsh, but these articles are inexplicable.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yeah that was kind of glaring. Maybe assumed he had made the the team? Just weird.

Also Jaskin sticking on the roster seems like a longshot, and has since before camp started.

Again, it comes across as a piece written by someone with only a passing knowledge of the team and access to some stats. Sorry to sound so harsh, but these articles are inexplicable.

I agree. It's not very professional to write about something without researching properly. It's been stated by Doug Armstrong and more emphatically by JR, that all other things being equal and status quo, it will be likely that Jaškin will be sent to Chicago at the start of the season, as he can clear waivers, and they don't want to lose one of their depth forwards. Even a casual reader would know that.

If one represents a website that purports to be somewhat of an authority on organised ice hockey, one should not take on jobs that one is not willing to perform at least adequately, if not to the absolute best of one's ability.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Jaskin part doesn't really bother me beacause I think the chances that he makes it is quite a bit higher than some think. The bigger problem is that Allen already has a guaranteed spot, so he should have been the NHL bound prospect instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad