Proposal: Rebuild with Mtl under pressure

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Berg just fired the coaching staff and they are sitting with a ton of draft picks expecting to win with a Montreal media. If CHI is in a full, rebuild, minus the success that they have had to date. Doesn’t it make sense to reach out and grab some draft picks from MTL now?

Any trade possibilities?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Berg just fired the coaching staff and they are sitting with a ton of draft picks expecting to win with a Montreal media. If CHI is in a full, rebuild, minus the success that they have had to date. Doesn’t it make sense to reach out and grab some draft picks from MTL now?

Any trade possibilities?
Not looking like a full rebuild right now. Lots of young promising players on the team, with a bunch upcoming over the next 1-3 years.

I imagine that Strome and/or deHaan would be available. Hawks need a future 1D...have one in your system? Otherwise an unprotected first round pick would be the cost for Strome, maybe a couple of seconds for deHaan.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t see many attractive assets that would be available. Patty Kane, if he’s willing to waive?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Aside from Boqvist and DaBrincat (who I’m not that interested in, I just don’t see anything else that would make me want to spend draft picks and assets on and would make our team better

0a52c9206a586b3fdb973dfa4a1f9342.jpeg

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Make me a list.

If you ask so nicely.

Kane, DeBrincat, Kubalik, Suter, Keith, Murphy, Lankinen could all make your team better. Even complimentary pieces like Janmark, Hagel, Soderberg.

Not that we're looking to trade our good pieces for picks though. The way the season is going, maybe not even our ufa vets.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
If you ask so nicely.

Kane, DeBrincat, Kubalik, Suter, Keith, Murphy, Lankinen could all make your team better. Even complimentary pieces like Janmark, Hagel, Soderberg.

Not that we're looking to trade our good pieces for picks though. The way the season is going, maybe not even our ufa vets.

If you looked through the series of posts I did, I mentioned Debrincat, Boqvist, Kane and Kubalik were also untouchable for various reasons.

The rest, I don’t see how they are making our team better and if they are, their impact will be so minimum that it wouldn’t be worth it to spend the assets.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
If you looked through the series of posts I did, I mentioned Debrincat, Boqvist, Kane and Kubalik were also untouchable for various reasons.

The rest, I don’t see how they are making our team better and if they are, their impact will be so minimum that it wouldn’t be worth it to spend the assets.

I did read your posts (no mention of Kubalik btw).

I don't like it when other fans come on our boards to devalue our own players - who they probably haven't even seen much. Agree to disagree about your main point.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I did read your posts (no mention of Kubalik btw).

I don't like it when other fans come on our boards to devalue our own players - who they probably haven't even seen much. Agree to disagree about your main point.

I don’t mean to devalue anyone, but let’s be honest here. Who is Suter, Keith and especially Murphy, Lankinen, Janmark, Hagel and Soderberg going to replace in our line-up?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I don’t mean to devalue anyone, but let’s be honest here. Who is Suter, Keith and especially Murphy, Lankinen, Janmark, Hagel and Soderberg going to replace in our line-up?

I don't watch your guys enough to comment. But those players are significant contributors to a team that's doing just as well as yours (-coaching change) - that they wouldn't be able to help your team in any way, not a take I'd make.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad