Proposal: Rebuild Hawks

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I'm assuming any trade for Kane would have to include a top prospect, a mid-tier prospect, a 1st, and an expiring cap dump contract at minimum.
The expiring contract is only so the receiving team can make it work with the cap.

Otherwise, it's not worth it to Chicago.

Reactions: Pertti

section 218

Jan 31, 2007
Rentention is the better route for organization value for the Blackhawks.

There is zero chance they take on an albatross contract back.

In another thread, I just traded Toews to the Rangers at 50% rentention and gave up more to do so.

2 problems with trade to NYR

1 No Way in hell do Hawks retain why would or should they, for 3 years too not happening
2 No way Kane waives for NYR or pretty much anyone else

With his girl being from/in Chicago, the only team I think he would even consider waiving for is Buffalo his hometown
He has his cups, 1st ballot hall of fame and more than enough money for the rest of his life.
He either finishes up his career in Chicago 80% or Buffalo 20%
He could see Buffalo as a up and coming team and Chicago has going full rebuild.
Kane has complete control of were he ends up

Same can be said of Keith and Toews

Keith Chicago 75% Winnipeg 12.5% born there some family Vancouver 12.5% some family and son there
Toews Chicago 70% Winnipeg 30% not to many people have a lake named after them

All 3 players are very comfortable in Chicago,these are the only spots I see these 3 players waiving NMC to go too

THEY GET TO PICK TEAM

Will reduce what Hawks can get back, plus flat covid cap and Hawks will not retain on any of them

That is why my original proposals for Hawks made some sense ( Buffalo one in retrospect was a little light take out Asplund or Mittlestadt and put in 21 unprotected 1st is probably more even)

Hawks get a bunch of rfa/ufa can trade resign lots of flex ability for rebuild and would be the main player next year in free agency

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Not that I am a proponent of this proposed deal, because I'm not sold on it, but quite a few on the Habs boards make an interesting proposition:

:habs

Toews

:hawks

Danault
Drouin
Mete/Kulak

Would Chi-town want a guy back that they gave away for peanuts and has become a very good tweener C (Danault) and a playmaker like Drouin who could use a reset?

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Not that I am a proponent of this proposed deal, because I'm not sold on it, but quite a few on the Habs boards make an interesting proposition:

:habs

Toews

:hawks

Danault
Drouin
Mete/Kulak

Would Chi-town want a guy back that they gave away for peanuts and has become a very good tweener C (Danault) and a playmaker like Drouin who could use a reset?

Don't see any long time futures in that. So no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad