Rebels-Hitmen on Sportsnet

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Fairly uneventful first. Hopkins generated both of the quality scoring chances for the Rebels. Including one where he undressed the defender on the boards by making a head fake and blowing by him on the inside. Snapped a shot low blocker that was kicked out. He also won a puck battle along the boards on the PP where he freed it to a defender at the point who sent it cross ice to Froese. He walked in and collected his rebound that went through the goalie but was stopped by a Hitman defender right before the line. Dumba has looked great defensively. Jockeying his men out of the play with a physical edge. Very calm and poised with smooth transitions or exits.

Mis-communication at the Rebels blue line results in a Hitman goal that ends with a Burrows like celebration after a pretty back hand roof job.

Pretty chippy out there.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Dumba looked dumb on the first goal. Over committed on the hit and it led to a 2 on 0.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Dumba looked dumb on the first goal. Over committed on the hit and it led to a 2 on 0.

Yep, the kid is a bit wild. Like I said in his thread, he does need to reel things in a bit from time to time. Tends to run around a bit all over the ice, not just in his own zone.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Sweet backhand goal by RNH. Anticipated the play and finished it off with finesse.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Dumba definitely thrives on the big hit. Which has the tendency to take him out of position when he's thinking more selfishly. A great quality to harness though. At 16 I'm glad to see him taking more risks as opposed to playing it too safe personally. He's got a dynamic and exciting edge to him. Intense work ethic and poise. He will be a riser just based on seeing the amount of tenacity and flash he has shown in both ends.

Last edited:

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
This Dumba kid is a high event player. Not even draft eligible till next year is he?

Edit-just read the first post, yup he is a 2012er.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Great defensive play by Hopkins to break up a quality scoring chance in the slot. He's had three good turnovers forced from behind by a strong back check and tremendous anticipation. He's using his quick first step, quick recognition and fast hands to lift sticks and create puck separation. Nothing new but exciting to see every time. Especially knowing that the Oilers will likely have the opportunity to select him. It's as exciting as watching Hall last season. Every time the puck touches his stick he is a threat to set himself or someone else up.

It was just a matter of time before the Rebels capitalized. Dumba playing forward pays off. Aggressive strategy by Wallin. Strong coaching decision.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
can't say......I am watching all 3 WHL games at once.

I am going to watch them individually in the archives later.

Whats the point of having all 3 on at once if you can't even watch one of them somewhat closely?

leoleo3535

Feb 25, 2010
hockey rinks
as I said I will watch thoroughly in the archives tomorrow.

tonight was basically scoreboard watching re playoff race......something you don't have to worry about with the Blades.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton
Whats the point of having all 3 on at once if you can't even watch one of them somewhat closely?

My thoughts exactly..:laugh: What a machine!

I just personally watch the scoreboard while I've got one game on. I guess I'm more focused on prospects than overall teams though. Unless it means the prospect I'm keen on is on one of those teams. Then I tend to favour and follow their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->