Reaves Takes a Skate to the Mouth after Tripping Teravainen (Mod warning post #3)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Always a scary moment when a skate smacks someone in the face.

Also, don't gloat about injuries or act like someone deserves a skate to the face.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Unfortunate play, but wasn't very smart to do that tripping someone right near the boards, could have hurt TT. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Of all the guys to spill his blood yesterday I doubt many expected it to be Teravainen that did it.

Didn't Hitch say he got a "fractured tooth" too?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. He should have got a penalty on the play.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He pushed forward on Teravainen's laces as he went to skate by. Definitely intentional.

What? He turns around with his stick on the ice, all I'm seeing is that he doesn't realize he's coming till he's already in the process of flying like a rag doll.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
What? He turns around with his stick on the ice, all I'm seeing is that he doesn't realize he's coming till he's already in the process of flying like a rag doll.

Come on, Reaves knew full well what he was doing there and I'm a Blues fan.

Reaves is my favorite 4th liner in the league but that's just a classic case of karma for being an idiot.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

He bears down on his stick and pushes forward as Teravainen skates by. It's intentional, he knew exactly what he was doing. Teravainen flew like a rag doll because he had no idea he was about to be tripped. It's easy to knock someone over if you push hard enough on that area of the skate.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010

What? he's looking at Teravainen before he changes the position of his stick and has both hands on it.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That happens within less then a second with Reaves turning to face the other way. Normally when players try their coy little trips they drop their stick and act innocent as soon as the player makes contact. Believe it which ever way you'd like, but I don't think it was intentional.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm honestly surprised we don't see this more, skates up high and clipping people. Pretty scary stuff.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
I'm not saying TT did anything malicious, but what could possibly cause his leg to go up that high?

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
That happens within less then a second with Reaves turning to face the other way. Normally when players try their coy little trips they drop their stick and act innocent as soon as the player makes contact. Believe it which ever way you'd like, but I don't think it was intentional.

Believe what you want but it's hard for me - and basically everyone else - to say that wasn't intentional.

I'm not saying TT did anything malicious, but what could possibly cause his leg to go up that high?

Physics.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
TT went to catch himself on the boards, fell short and His hands didn't get down in time to brace himself to correct the angle of his body sooner. That and the momentum of the skate being pushed where it was(with two hands btw clearly intentional) along with the fact that reaves was hunched and had his head down made it appear like his skate got up higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->