Confirmed with Link: Reaves re-signs with VGK 2 year deal ($2.775m AAV)

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
He's still not worth that much money.
Yes he is. McPhee said it best....'flies off the honey' he sees the value.For those fans complaining about the Capitols series,well Vegas didn't win with him in the line-up against a possessed Ovechkin, but they didn't lose because of him either. If he was replaced with someone else ,Vegas still would have lost!

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Yes he is. McPhee said it best....'flies off the honey' he sees the value.For those fans complaining about the Capitols series,well Vegas didn't win with him in the line-up against a possessed Ovechkin, but they didn't lose because of him either. If he was replaced with someone else ,Vegas still would have lost!

I'm not sure if I would use the posessed word here, since to me it looked like he just actually used his brains for awhile and actually supported the 2-way game. 2.775M guys are not expected to win a final serie and Reaver did handle his post well in the playoffs when it actually mattered. This is a great signal for the players: When you do your part well when it matters, you do get rewarded.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I'm not sure if I would use the posessed word here, since to me it looked like he just actually used his brains for awhile and actually supported the 2-way game. 2.775M guys are not expected to win a final serie and Reaver did handle his post well in the playoffs when it actually mattered. This is a great signal for the players: When you do your part well when it matters, you do get rewarded.
I'm not Reaves biggest fan,but I was impressed at how well he played during the Vegas run.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not Reaves biggest fan,but I was impressed at how well he played during the Vegas run.

Eakin played better in the playoffs that he did in the regular season, but him and Reaves are overpaid and overrated by fans. There were other players who got less than Reaves that have grit and also have some skill to their game that would have been an improvement. GMGM overpaid for Reaves, Holden, and Flower. For a team that is supposed to be a great destination and players want to stay here, they aren't getting any hometown discounts. They should be paying players slightly less due to the lack of state income tax. If this continues, the team will be in cap hell in a few years.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Eakin played better in the playoffs that he did in the regular season, but him and Reaves are overpaid and overrated by fans. There were other players who got less than Reaves that have grit and also have some skill to their game that would have been an improvement. GMGM overpaid for Reaves, Holden, and Flower. For a team that is supposed to be a great destination and players want to stay here, they aren't getting any hometown discounts. They should be paying players slightly less due to the lack of state income tax. If this continues, the team will be in cap hell in a few years.
Intimidation is a thing! Reaves brings that, I suspect it's ultimately why McPhee wants him and paid him.
You could witness this 'skill' in the playoffs! Once established ,he could do whatever he wanted ,like try and play hockey.
His kind are not valued as they once were,but the opponents like the Jets were kept honest(relatively speaking). No one on the Jets,not even Buff wanted any! That's gotta be worth something to the rest of the team as far as being able to play how they want.
The cap is always goig up,heck they tyried to get EK. Money can;t be that big a problem. Anyway they were fun to watch and I think Reaves is part of the reason why. Cheers!

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
If Reaves didn’t play for the Brandon Wheatkings, we would not have traded for him and we would not be paying so much money. I really believe that.

Sometimes McCrimmon and the Manitoba thing helps, like with signing Zach Whitecloud. But I think it more often hurts. For people who have seen Keegan Kolesar plat, was he worth a 2nd? I think Kelly just likes obtaining his former players.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

I fail to see how signing Reaves/Holden to 2-year deals put us in cap trouble. In fact, they only way this team will be in cap hell in the next few years is if they trade for Bobby Ryan and Erik Karlsson.

Having all of the ELC's slide again this year (which I fully expect) would mean that those guys won't need 2nd contracts until 2022. By then, these guys will all be off the books: Stastny, Tatar, Eakin, Reaves. Meanwhile, McNabb, Miller and Smith will all be coming off their deals as well - and I would imagine McNabb either walks or re-signs for cheap.

Honestly, the only way I see cap trouble (outside of a Ryan/EK65 trade) would be if GMGM goes crazy and signs some really expensive UFA's on July 1 in the next couple of years - players like Eberle, Pacioretty, Skinner, etc. - and we already have enough internal replacements (Tatar, Glass/Suzuki) that he probably shouldn't even go that route.

The key for me is that William Karlsson get a 2-year arbitration award - this would allow the contracts of Eakin, Reaves, and Holden to expire before his extension kicks in (and those three get replaced by ELC players).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad