Confirmed with Link: Reaves+'18 4th to VGK from PIT, for T Lindberg (part of 3-team trade)

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
He's not a bad player at all, was a bad fit for Pittsburgh. The fans will love him in Vegas I'm sure, he's been popular everywhere he's gone.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From PIT announcement:
The Penguins sent forward Ryan Reaves and a 2018 fourth-round draft pick originally acquired from Vancouver to the Golden Knights. Vegas is also retaining 40% of Brassard's salary this season.

:D

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not really sure why we do this other than the fact that we can... Personally don't see a need for Reeves and don't really feel we get enough out of it for being other teams money launderers.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It may be that Ottawa and Pittsburgh "owe" VGK so there might be some (more) favorable transactions in the future.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Not sure I understand why McPhee is helping out another Cup contender here. Screw that team & their cap issues. The return we received doesn't balance the equation.

This entire situation make zero sense. Frankly it's clearly cap circumvention & the league should be ashamed.

It could be Vegas helping out the Penguins because of the expansion draft (Fleury) and probably future consideration since they're a young franchise

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
It could be Vegas helping out the Penguins because of the expansion draft (Fleury) and probably future consideration since they're a young franchise

You have it completely backwards. Pitt had no choice but to expose MAF. They needed/wanted to keep Murray because he's way younger & cost controlled.

McPhee did them a huge favor & helped their dire cap situation by taking Fleury. He should've played coy with Rutherford & acted like he was going to take Hagelin. I bet Rutherford would've begged him to take MAF. McPhee probably could've had them throw in a mid round pick or Hagelin.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->