Reason for Jets success this season so far?

Reason for Jets success this season so far?

• Good coaching?

• Good forwards?

• Good goalie?

• Combination of all three.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
You are counting non-starter goalies. Helle is 2nd among starters. The 6th starter is MAF at .919.

IDK for sure, but I doubt average is above .915. I chose that range to put him at avg, or a little above. The avg of the top 31 goalie contracts is 5,388,172. That doesn't match perfectly with the list of 31 starters but it is close. So Helle is a little above avg for starters. That should be a fairly close match to that .915-.920 range of bang for the buck. The 2nd highest paid goalie is Bobrovsky at 10 mil. His sv% is way down at .884 (ouch!)

I agree that there are several factors contributing to our record to date - but the biggest single one is Helle's performance - And I guess we can say add whatever is enabling him to perform so well, whatever that is.

OK, I've conceded the point. :D

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Yea... How'd you do it? :)

Right click on the image and click on Copy Image Address. Then select Image (between the smilies and the media) from the function bar and paste into the image URL.

Of course, this is how I do it the old fashioned way sitting at a real computer with a keyboard and mouse. If you're trying to do this from your phone, I can't be of any help to you. :nod:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
The real reason is hellybuck...take him out of the equation and jets are what...maybe at best .500

Isn't this true of every team in the league? Helle is either a top goaltender in the league or he is not. If he is not then the Jets will be lucky to make the PO's. If he is and plays well in the PO's then Jets have a chance to win it all. This is true for the Caps, Bos, TB, SL. and Edm. As for Maurice, I've always believed in the old saying "show me a good coach and I'll show you a great goalie." to be true. That said I don't think that the Jets could play better under any other coach so I'll give Maurice some credit for the Jets performance this season so far.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Hear hear! No offense to the OP but I can’t/won’t read this thread because it’s bad juju to create it when there’s still LOTS of play left in the season..

Sorry but what ever happens in the future with the Jet's success will have nothing to do with this thread. Jet's will either win or lose going forward and this tread is meaningless. I only posted this thread because currently the Jets are exceeding expectation for this season. They will continue to succeed or not and again this thread will have nothing to do with any future success or failure the Jets have going forward.

Reactions: KingBogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad