Really wide feet

mustang1967

Aug 3, 2014
i have not played for over 10 years but want to get back into it. The problem is I have size 13 EEEE feet . I can’t find anything wider that EE. I don’t play enough to get custom skates as too expensive . I also have to get shoes that are better for my arches With new balance there’s is very little arch . Can’t remember if flat feet or high arches or supinate etc .

Where can I find help with what I need thanks a

mustang1967

Aug 3, 2014
Not yet I am going to try this weekend . I called s few places and finding size 13 is hard where I live and everyone claims they only make EE width

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Ok well I suggest you read the Skate Guide, page 1. The widest fits in general are going to be Bauer Nexus and CCM Tacks, followed by Bauer Supreme and then CCM Jetspeed.

Evergreen

Not yet I am going to try this weekend . I called s few places and finding size 13 is hard where I live and everyone claims they only make EE width

First of all, is 13 your shoe size or skate size? With skates you generally go down 1.5-2 sizes from your shoe size. So if you're a size 13 shoe, you'd probably be more of an 11-11.5 in skates. Your local hockey shop can help size you.

Just FYI, EE width in one skate is not the same as EE width in another. For instance, a Bauer Nexus will always be wider and deeper than a Bauer Vapor in the same width because the two skates are built on different lasts. Just go to a hockey shop, get fitted, and try on some skates. Lots of hockey players have wide feet like yours. If you can't find a skate shop with your size in stock, they might be willing to order them for you, which will save you on shipping costs. Otherwise, you can just order them yourselves online and bring them to the skate shop to have the experts help you determine whether they fit properly. If not, return them. If they fit, then you can have the shop bake them for you.

I'd start by looking at the Bauer Nexus in EE width. It's Bauer's widest skate.

mustang1967

Aug 3, 2014
Went to try on skates . The nexus weren’t wide enough. I tried an 11 and 11.5 they were tight on the sides and the big problem is my foot is really wide basically all the way to the little toe . So also need a wide toe box .

Evergreen

Went to try on skates . The nexus weren’t wide enough. I tried an 11 and 11.5 they were tight on the sides and the big problem is my foot is really wide basically all the way to the little toe . So also need a wide toe box .
Were they EE width or D?

mustang1967

Aug 3, 2014
They were EE. He said the only other suggestion was the Bauer 7000 pro. As this model is made a little wider but also around $700-$800

Vide

Mar 2, 2015

Did you try the Bauer Supreme? I have really wide feet too and as you say 'all the way to the little toe'. I don't find the Bauer Nexus to be a good fit for my feet at all but Bauer Supreme fits perfectly. Give it a go if you haven't already.

mustang1967

Aug 3, 2014
Ok thanks I will next time a go, the salesman told me thst the promskstes are made a little wider but said it will
Be hard for me to find comfy skates

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
You won't find a stock skate that fits.
I would try a size 13 EE. They are wider than the 11 or 11.5 EE you tried, and won't cram your foot into the toe box. If you have much of an arch make sure you use inserts, which will also keep your foot back from the toe box.
Not ideal but it might work for you.
Also don't even lace the eyelets near the toe. No matter how loose you think you can tie them you can leave more room if you don't even lace them. Experiment to see how many.

Last edited:

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Ok well I suggest you read the Skate Guide, page 1. The widest fits in general are going to be Bauer Nexus and CCM Tacks, followed by Bauer Supreme and then CCM Jetspeed.

This.

I sold athletic shoes for years, and there are certain brands that are made with a wider last (width). The problem was people wanted the sexier brands like Nike and Adidas, when Kelme were far more appropriate for them.

I'm guessing that there must be a bit of sizing difference, width wise, in skates too? Mind you, I had problems with skates being uncomfortable too as my arches collapsed as I got older.

If I'm wrong about this in skates, I plead ignorance.... And someone please correct me.

Please let us know how you make out!

And good luck to you !

Reactions: AIREAYE

mustang1967

Aug 3, 2014
I found a pair on sale . Guy told me they were going
On sale next week and gave me the skates at that price . Nexus 7000 pro specs 12 EE. They were still tight so they punched out the side . And didn’t do up the bottom to rows. They felt ok not great not terrible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad