Really Quick, basic question...

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
When NHL players get paid, how do they get paid? Obviously they get a paycheck, but its every week right? And do they only get paid during the regular season, or is their salary distributed over the whole year so they get an income during the offseason? I think I remember reading that they do not get paid during the playoffs, is this correct?

joolzie

Sep 24, 2003
Michigan
www.lolabug.com
I'm pretty sure it's outlined in the Standard Player Contract portion of the CBA. My Adobe's acting funky just now, but from memory, I believe they're paid the 15th and 30th of each month in the regular season.

Aeryn

Jul 13, 2006
Good memory...

Exhibit I (page 244)
Payment of such Paragraph 1 Salary shall be in consecutive semi-monthly installments on the 15th and 30th day of each month following the commencement of the NHL Regular Season or following the dates of reporting, whichever is later (provided that the pay period shall not close more than three (3) days prior to payroll dates); provided, however, that if the Player is not in the employ of the Club for the whole period of the Club's NHL Regular Season Games, then he shall receive only part of such Paragraph 1 Salary in the ratio of the number of days of actual employment to the number of days of the NHL Regular Season.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I'm pretty sure it's outlined in the Standard Player Contract portion of the CBA. My Adobe's acting funky just now, but from memory, I believe they're paid the 15th and 30th of each month in the regular season.

I guess they must only get paid once in Feburary

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
imagine if they did get paid weekly. Imagine getting like an 80,000 dollar paycheck every Thursday :amazed: :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->