Realistically, Which Calibre Of Defenceman Will Heiskanen Become?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not generational. Definition is not valid because although he will be a solid #1 D, Dahlin will be the measuring stick for generational.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
there should be no cap on his development at this point. he's the best teenage defenseman i can recall seeing in at least 10-15 years. it's close between heiskanen and dahlin, who have similar strengths. the league is ripe for another game changing defender with this kind of skating ability. he's already a number one by usage, production, and eye test.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Dahlin is more creative offensively, better dekes and stickhandling, probably better passer too.

Heiskanen is a far better skater, smarter/better defensively, has a better shot and will probably perform at a much more stable/consistant level (while Dahlin will have unbelievable world-beaters AND really off games).

This is my take from what I have seen, I'm pretty certain that a lot of people will not agree - and that's totally fine with me.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dahlin is more creative offensively, better dekes and stickhandling, probably better passer too.

Heiskanen is a far better skater, smarter/better defensively, has a better shot and will probably perform at a much more stable/consistant level (while Dahlin will have unbelievable world-beaters AND really off games).

This is my take from what I have seen, I'm pretty certain that a lot of people will not agree - and that's totally fine with me.

I agree with that based on what I've seen too

One interesting about Heiskanen is he doesn't get thrown off his game by anything. I honestly don't think I've ever seen him get mad at himself or really show frustration he just continues to go about his business as if nothing happened. I suppose it's not surprising though given his level of maturity but still. Sometimes he's almost too relaxed out there lmao. Saw a video of Dahlin getting mad at himself over that play where he tried to knock the puck down with his stick and it got taken away and led to a goal and that got me thinking lol.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Heiskanen potential:

High End: Duncan Keith
Low End: Roman Josi/Kris Letang

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad