Realistically, could Malkin have led a team to a Cup w/o Crosby?

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Let's say he was traded to a different team and prior to acquiring Malkin, they were a solid playoff team (i.e.: the Rangers from prior years). Do you think he could have led them to the cup w/o having Crosby?

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Rangers would have won the cup in 2014 if Malkin was on their team. Basically the only piece missing in that roster was a game-changing forward.

Reactions: Lays

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Yes

I don't know how you can watch the guy and consider his accomplishments and think he couldn't. You can tell he's at the top tier of talent in the league with or without Crosby on his team.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The Penguins have been strong (ie top 5) cup contenders every single season since 2008 because they have both those guys. Arguably the greatest 1-2 punch in history of the league

Malkin himself has been fantastic in the playoffs. So yes - a team with him alone could definitely win a cup depending on the team itself. As could Crosby. just depends. But it's really that incredibly rare 1-2 punch that is what has set them apart for so long, and why they have 3 cups (and might get more).

1 of Malkin/Crosby alone is a lot less scary than both

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Yes, no, I don't know. How is anyone supposed to know what kind of team they would've looked like?

If your question is, is Malkin someone a team can win a cup with as their top forward? Then it's yes absolutely.
that's what I'm asking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->