Real Madrid - Liverpool: CL Final 26th May

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This result pleases me.

Liverpool probably win with healthy Salah and a goalie that isn't a pile of trash in Karius.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Won a gold medal. Didn't do it from the sidelines either. Played in the World Cup final, had a goof miss a sitter that would have won them the WC. Just shows how dependent team successes are upon the players TEAMMATES.

This game today should have taught everyone the value of teammates. Ronaldo did nothing, Benzema had good pressures to capitalize on a mistake, and Bale scored a worldie. Modric's tiki-taka was also perfect.

When judging international tournament prestige, Olympics comes long after the World Cup, Euro and Copa America.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Those stats can't be accurate.

No, they're not. Mane hit the post, scored, Ramos cut out a chance from Robertson to Mane, Firmino penalty appeal (which wasn't a penalty), and there were some other things where the ball cannoned around the box. The errors were the only difference between the teams. That's the sickening part, to know our team was good enough to beat them. As the game was going before Salah came off I would have bet a lot of money on it too.

It's easier to handle losing 3-1 when your team just walked out there and bent over, a lot harder when they could or should have won.

Obviously, the most important thing for the team going forward is Salah being there. Never been more clear than today. Every time he got the ball, it was instant that RM was shitting their pants. It was instant that our players were flying forward to get chances too. This just sucks.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
No, they're not. Mane hit the post, scored, Ramos cut out a chance from Robertson to Mane, Firmino penalty appeal (which wasn't a penalty), and there were some other things where the ball cannoned around the box. The errors were the only difference between the teams. That's the sickening part, to know our team was good enough to beat them. As the game was going before Salah came off I would have bet a lot of money on it too.

It's easier to handle losing 3-1 when your team just walked out there and bent over, a lot harder when they could or should have won.

Obviously, the most important thing for the team going forward is Salah being there. Never been more clear than today. Every time he got the ball, it was instant that RM was ****ting their pants. It was instant that our players were flying forward to get chances too. This just sucks.

But Liverpool were not good enough to beat Madrid.

Reactions: Oxymoron

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah is important, but I don't know that it's the most important thing. Having someone better than Lallana to replace him if he's not available is just as important; not just in quality either, but also in style (which is why it still baffles me that Wilson isn't being kept around). Mane and Firmino are also just as important. Salah to me wasn't actually that dangerous...but what he does provide is another Mane like outlet to draw attention, he gets into dangerous space with his movement so well, and obviously that danger allows space for other players and gives confidence to the team as well. Lallana didn't look like he knew what he was doing at all, and he certainly didn't do any of the things that make Salah an integral part of the team.

Anyway...I'm sad.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But Liverpool were not good enough to beat Madrid.

200.gif

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I thought this was funny..

The ref is watching the entire time and still puts whistle to lips?
so bad.

Did YOU watch the entire time?
Yep Ramos acted/embellished but why is Mane's hand in Ramos' face?
Any referee blows the whistle here. Criticize the play acting, don't criticize the whistle here because this was a clear infraction, theres no two ways about it.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Part of it is that Ronaldo was, well... A brat. Petulant, unlikable. He's grown up some, but you can still see the same person under the maturity.
If he had scored tonight in the 92nd minute to make it 4-1, its very likely we'd have gotten "shirt-off-siiiiuuuu" celebration. Stuff like that.

If he (Ronaldo) has a good WC, and ends up with a 6th Ballon d'Or (very possible, having top scored the CL by a country mile), he'll have 6 Ballons.
To Messi's 5. And 5 CLs. To Messi's 3 (technically 4, he was on the list for the 06 team that beat Arsenal, but he never played).

Now, for me, Messi is the GOAT, don't get me wrong.
But hearing people diss Ronaldo after those facts above as somehow not only not the #2, but sometimes "barely top-10", etc... It's either bias or ignorance.

Ronaldo is the closest thing to Messi in football history. Messi is better (for me), but saying "a far better player" in light of all the numbers, trophies and games... Its just silly, dude.

For the 100th time: Cristiano's personality is not the reason he was far worse than Messi.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
LOLiverpool....looking to pay 85 million for Fekir, but not use those funds for a goalkeeper?

Why even make nuclear weapons when you have Ramos? Just send a Sergio Ramos onto the porch of your enemies and eventually they will succumb.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sometimes a loss can be stepping stone for a team. Ideally this is one of those occasions.
Except that they were fortunate that Roma was able to beat Barca or they would have never made it into the finals. Actually I can't see them beating Man City again and having that easy of a group either. This was probably their one-shot time as the same thing happened to Arsenal as well and we never made it back to finals. Teams get better around you and majority of those teams have endless funds which Pool doesn't have.

The Reds looked really good and dangerous for the first 20 minutes of the match. However, after the Salah injury they completely capitulated and got outdone by a superior talented squad in which Isco and Ronaldo were non-factors. That's how good they are, they even subbed off Isco for freckin' Bale while Liverpool subbed off Salah for Lallana, lol.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Except that they were fortunate that Roma was able to beat Barca or they would have never made it into the finals. Actually I can't see them beating Man City again and having that easy of a group either. This was probably their one-shot time as the same thing happened to Arsenal as well and we never made it back to finals. Teams get better around you and majority of those teams have endless funds which Pool doesn't have.

The Reds looked really good and dangerous for the first 20 minutes of the match. However, after the Salah injury they completely capitulated and got outdone by a superior talented squad in which Isco and Ronaldo were non-factors. That's how good they are, they even subbed off Isco for freckin' Bale while Liverpool subbed off Salah for Lallana, lol.
Arsenal didnt see spend after that cause they were paying off The Emirates. See the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->