Kings Article: Ready or Not, Here Comes Cal Petersen, the LA Kings Heir Apparent in Goal

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
With injuries to starting goaltender Jonathan Quick and now, backup netminder Jack Campbell, the Los Angeles Kings will turn to veteran backup Peter Budaj to be their starter until Quick returns. It also means that goaltending prospect Cal Petersen will backup Budaj, and according to the Kings, he will see some action for the Kings.
But is the heir apparent to Quick ready for playing in goal at the NHL level?
Find out what Petersen and Kings goaltender development coach Dusty Imoo think about that question and much more at:

Ready or Not, Here Comes Cal Petersen, the LA Kings Heir Apparent in Goal

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
It all began...when a player pushed Thompson into Campbell and he tore his meniscus...Cal became the man. If that had not happened, Campbell would stil
be playing. Campbell was playing well. And he even finished that game. Pretty incredible. Budaj starts next game and chokes and now Petersen is the #1 goalie.

Phenomenal poise, confidence, technique, and big saves under pressure and when the games on the line. No one really stops those Jarnkrok roofies.
He really hasn't given up any soft ones.

Oof

Oct 23, 2018
Watching him against St. Louis was great, he made so many big stops (especially his pair on Bozak) and he managed to completely steal the game, I'm liking what I'm seeing

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It all began...when a player pushed Thompson into Campbell and he tore his meniscus...Cal became the man. If that had not happened, Campbell would stil
be playing. Campbell was playing well. And he even finished that game. Pretty incredible. Budaj starts next game and chokes and now Petersen is the #1 goalie.

Phenomenal poise, confidence, technique, and big saves under pressure and when the games on the line. No one really stops those Jarnkrok roofies.
He really hasn't given up any soft ones.

I dunno, those would have been blocker side on anyone else :sarcasm:

I know it's the NHL and he gets scouted but I do wonder how much the full-right goalie gets in people's heads. Changes every shooters angles and vision and even instincts. I know it f***s me right up and I play against one frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad