WJC: Reaction in Russia

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Dancing in the streets?:doh:

From news media I'm looking at it's front page sporting news but thats about it unfortunately.

RusskiyHockey

Apr 5, 2008
russkiyhockey.wordpress.com
I don't know about street dancing (given that the game was played 3am-6am Moscow time), but it's front page stuff and the first item on most news programs. The president and PM, as well as notable stars like Ovechkin gave their congrats. Russia is still in a festive New Year's mood, with the holidays until the 10th, so it's convenient timing for a victory.

Hockeynomad

Sep 10, 2007
Toronto
I hope the boys didn't go on rampage in Buffalo, like they did when Ovechkin and others beat Canada in Halifax in 2003 and filed into streets screaming in English with thick Russians accents, "Russia #1".

tikkanen5rings*

I don't know about street dancing (given that the game was played 3am-6am Moscow time), but it's front page stuff and the first item on most news programs. The president and PM, as well as notable stars like Ovechkin gave their congrats. Russia is still in a festive New Year's mood, with the holidays until the 10th, so it's convenient timing for a victory.

WHAAT`? holidays til 10th?? **** this im moving to Russia Finland can drown at their taxes!

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
rs_brands_logo.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I hope the boys didn't go on rampage in Buffalo, like they did when Ovechkin and others beat Canada in Halifax in 2003 and filed into streets screaming in English with thick Russians accents, "Russia #1".

Eh, some parts of downtown could use a good rampaging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad