OT: Reaching out for Help!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hello, I’m from Long Island and I’m in need of some help.

Recently there was an unfortunate event at a high school hockey game between Armstrong High School and Mars High school. The crowd was chanting despicable chants towards a female goaltender that left her on tears.

I’m asking for help because im not from the area or familiar with the area.

I’m in contact with a current NHL goaltender that would like to reach out to the young goaltender to hopefully cheer her up and encourage her to keep playing.

I was wondering if anyone in this area knew the Hockey coach Steve Meyers or knew anyone affiliated with the team that I can contact or contact me to hopefully get the goalies in contact.

you can PM with the info and we can exchange info.

Thank you!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Recently there was an unfortunate event at a high school hockey game between Armstrong High School and Mars High school. The crowd was chanting despicable chants towards a female goaltender that left her on tears.

I’m in contact with a current NHL goaltender that would like to reach out to the young goaltender to hopefully cheer her up and encourage her to keep playing.

I was wondering if anyone in this area knew the Hockey coach Steve Meyers or knew anyone affiliated with the team that I can contact or contact me to hopefully get the goalies in contact.

Thank you!

f*** the Isles.

But you seem alright.

Reactions: SI90

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Don't know Meyers personally, but I got a lot of family around there or close to there. I can ask around, it's not like these are big towns.

Reactions: SI90

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Thank you!

Reddit took me here:

Armstrong vs Mars incident

I'll PM you other info.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Thank you!

My daughter's hockey association is having an event for her at the Baierl Ice Complex in Warrendale on Monday November 8 at 7 PM.

Maybe call the rink and ask what you/this goalie can do to help with the "Support Willow and Girls Hockey" event.

My 10 year old daughter plays on an all boys team and we just had an incident where one of the boys cut off a piece of her hair when she was tying her skates.

So this event means a lot to me and many girls like my daughter who have to deal with this bull shit.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My daughter's hockey association is having an event for her at the Baierl Ice Complex in Warrendale on Monday November 8 at 7 PM.

Maybe call the rink and ask what you/this goalie can do to help with the "Support Willow and Girls Hockey" event.

My 10 year old daughter plays on an all boys team and we just had an incident where one of the boys cut off a piece of her hair when she was tying her skates.

So this event means a lot to me and many girls like my daughter who have to deal with this bull shit.

Thank you for the info and I’m sorry that happened to your daughter. No place in the game for that behavior.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
High schoolers....man, what a bunch of shits. Kids can be downright evil to each other, Lord of the Flies type stuff if left unchecked.

George Chuvalo visited my high school a few years before I attended there. He was a heavyweight boxer who went the distance with Muhammed Ali twice (once was when they used to fight 15 rounds, after which Ali said he was the toughest man he ever fought) and is famous for having 93 professional heavyweight boxing matches without ever being knocked down. Not knocked out, but knocked down. Someone who fought the likes of Ali, Frazier and Foreman. Anybody who watched The Fly with Jeff Goldblum will remember a scene he was in, where Jeff Goldblum snaps George Chuvalo's arm in an arm wrestling match.
Anyway, he was talking about the dangers of drug use as he experienced first hand several tragedies. One of his sons got hooked on heroin after a motorcycle accident and ended up killing himself. His wife overdosed on prescription drugs just days later. If I'm not mistaken, two other sons died of overdoses as well. This is a tough man who had been through absolute hell in his life and was reliving his own nightmare over and over just trying to save some kids he doesn't know from getting into hard drug use and falling victims to addiction. My older sisters were two of the students listening to him talk, and they described how he got so upset he was rocking back and forth. Kids were making fun of him. A guy who still at that age (probably around 60 at the time) could physically pound anyone of those twits had he wanted to.

This kind of behaviour doesn't surprise me in the least. Get a group of people together and quite often they just become emboldened in their stupidity.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Thank you for the info and I’m sorry that happened to your daughter. No place in the game for that behavior.

She actually got up and beat the shit out of him, and the coach and parent of this child handled it as well as we could have possibly asked.

My daughter always embarrasses this kid in battle drills and routinely gets him slamming his stick on the ice repeatedly when she pisses all over him. So we assume it was some kind of retaliation since he can't handle her on the ice - who knows. I know he would have never tried that with a boy teammate though.

Just frustrating, but she really gets along with most of her teammates so there is a positive for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad